National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a polymer 80 kit for a fun little build project. However a mistake occered with my order and the vendor has it so a signature is required. Not big deal, but the package is going to come when I'm at work. I have a brother who's 17 and was wondering if I could let him over to sign for it. I'm 25 and I'm the one who's going to build it, he's not going to be involved in that in any way, but I just want to save myself a trip to the post office to pick it up if I'm not there. Will USPS not let him sign for it if he's not 18 or 21, I looked every where and couldn't find any info on the topic.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Call your local Postmaster this coming Monday and ask.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,308 Posts
They will not let him sign because he is a minor.
Just like you couldn’t send him to the store for a pack of smokes or a bottle of beer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wasn't sure, techally there's nothing in there a 17 year old can't have due to it not being a gun, but makes sense

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I didn't think an 80% was considered a firearm. They may just want a signature to accept the package, nothing to do with firearms. That's what I think.

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
Not sure of the USPS rules but if a minor can sign for other boxes he should be able to sign for this as it's not a gun, it's just a piece of plastic. If by some chance you can't be there or they wont accept the signature they leave a card and you bring that to the PO and pick it up and sign for it there. They usually hold them for a few days and it should say on the slip they leave.

·
Registered
987 Posts
A. Call the USPS and ask
B. See how it plays out.

I have no idea as to US Postal rules and regulations. I do know if there is a failed delivery you have to find time to get to the post office and pick up your failed delivery. I have never seen or heard of the USPS requiring ID for a package. When my daughter was 12 (a long time ago) she signed for a case of wine. Anyway, I only see options A or B.

Ron

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
80% is not a firearm. Your 7 y.o. illegal neighbor can pick it up for you.

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Check tracking on the USPS site

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome to "the wild world of meeting the delivery truck yourself" . Just wait till you see how wide the delivery window is. You can probably float the Titanic thru it.

Now that you have told the universe this guy is 17, if they decide to make an issue of it, kiss your firearms rights goodbye. I would just bite the bullet, and pick up the package myself.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
usps........if the vendor puts certified or restricted delivery for whatever reason (their peace of mind or usps requirements).......adult signature required..........

on a certified or restricted delivery if no one is home or of suitable age....a card will be left advising you to go to the post office to sign for it and pick it up....

if it is a restricted delivery.....then only the person named on the package can sign for it.

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 19 of 19 Posts