National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent used 9mm. I came accross this P6 & I may be interested in picking it up, but I wanted to check here first. From the research that I am able to do from work(surf control!!!), these guns are German police trade in's. It has a decent amount of holster wear, but it still looks pretty good. The internals appear to be in great shape for a used handgun. When I looked at it, it was clean, lubed correctly & everything still felt tight. It comes with 2 mags & the box, it also has a book, but it is in German. The local shop is asking $335 for this handgun. What are everyone's opinions on this gun & price(I know it's hard without seeing it, but just imagine med holster wear). Thanks

-Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sigs P6 or 225 is a great firearm. $335 is a fine price for one, I have shot one of the German police trade in. It seemed solid and held good groups, as they said "alot of holster wear" but nothing a can of duracoat cant fix. But the internals are still in great shape and the mags are plentiful. The only drawback I do not care for is the mag capacity, 8+1 is not the greatest considering his big brother the 226 with 15+1. If at all possible try to find a 226 police trade in, they are to be had at a very nice bargain price, I saw one the other day go for just $298 with two mags and a holster.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I own a SIG P.6. I may soon own another one. Its the same pistol as a SIG P.225. Anytime you can get a used SIG, in decent shape, for under $400.00, JUMP on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I think I might stop by & pick her up tonight. Any other info is always appreciated.

-Matt

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I agree the Sig225 is one fine pistol. It is thinner and easy to conceal. Nice trade off for less ammo. But it beats the 380 with 7 rounds an day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my local gun shops here in FL has several as well. They're also German trade-ins. The only bad news the salesman had for me was magazines are hard to come by.

·
55,659 Posts
The P.6 pistols imported by Century Arms International and by PW Arms are shipped with two magazines.

The double action trigger pull on the P.6s is stiffer than the double action pull on P.225s.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, Popeye. They're close to the same price as the ones from J&G and AIM, but those guys charge another $20.00 for the extra magazine.

I've been selling a bunch of them and haven't heard any complaints at all. They're nice little guns, especially for the money.

·
55,659 Posts
If you look at the import mark on the guns that J&G and AIM are selling, you will notice that they are imported by CAI or PW.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
It is interesting that the public lost interest in the 225 when it was available in the gun stores back in the 1980's due to the fact it was not high capacity.

Since that time CCW is booming and folks are packing 32's, 380's and now 9MM's that carry less rounds than the 225.

I am not sure what the carry weight is of that Sig but it may be a fine carry choice today. Certainly would be a lot more accurate than a Kel-tec P series.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
If you look at the import mark on the guns that J&G and AIM are selling, you will notice that they are imported by CAI or PW.
I see that -- what does it mean? (CAI = Century Arms?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only down-side to the P6 is the DA trigger stroke is HORRIBLE. The P225 Models were considerably better. The P6 is a euro-cop gun, and as such, had a stiff DA trigger.

This can be handled by a decent pistolsmith who works on Sigs.

All in all, they are a damned good buy. Sig reliability and accuracy. Spend less than a hundred bucks on a trigger job that includes an over-travel stop, and you have a sweet, easy packin' single stack 9.

I bought one from CDNN for $269.00 with a spare magazine. I put in a new set of Wolff springs, and spent some time with the trigger parts and a stone, and made it nice. NOTE...I am not a gunsmith...I am a home gun tinker...so...get it done by someone who knows what they are doing :biggrin5:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the info. I picked up a P6 over the weekend, I am very happy with my purchase. The best price that I could find was $319 for the whole package(2 mags, book, duty holster & box). I could have maybe found it cheaper online, but I would rather buy it from my local guy(& I hate waiting!). The DA trigger pull is heavy, but this is a gun for the range only, I do not plan on carrying this one. I will shoot it tomorrow & see how it shoots.

The sights are not so great. Does anyone know if anyone makes a decent set of sights for the P6? Will sights for the P225 fit the P6?

-Matt

·
55,659 Posts
Sights designed for the SIG-Sauer P.226, P.229, P.228 and P.225 will fit the P.6.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only down-side to the P6 is the DA trigger stroke is HORRIBLE. The P225 Models were considerably better. The P6 is a euro-cop gun, and as such, had a stiff DA trigger.

This can be handled by a decent pistolsmith who works on Sigs.

All in all, they are a damned good buy. Sig reliability and accuracy. Spend less than a hundred bucks on a trigger job that includes an over-travel stop, and you have a sweet, easy packin' single stack 9.

I bought one from CDNN for $269.00 with a spare magazine. I put in a new set of Wolff springs, and spent some time with the trigger parts and a stone, and made it nice. NOTE...I am not a gunsmith...I am a home gun tinker...so...get it done by someone who knows what they are doing :biggrin5:
Shoot it before getting a "trigger job." I've been shooting mine now for 4 months and I have absolutely NO issues with the trigger pull. Had it to the range again today and EVERYTHING was in the black! One gaping hole when finished. I really felt good about the way it was shooting. Buy one, clean it, lube it and enjoy it. It loves to shoot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for all of the info. I picked up a P6 over the weekend, I am very happy with my purchase. The best price that I could find was $319 for the whole package(2 mags, book, duty holster & box). I could have maybe found it cheaper online, but I would rather buy it from my local guy(& I hate waiting!). The DA trigger pull is heavy, but this is a gun for the range only, I do not plan on carrying this one. I will shoot it tomorrow & see how it shoots.

The sights are not so great. Does anyone know if anyone makes a decent set of sights for the P6? Will sights for the P225 fit the P6?

-Matt
SIGARMS has a program where you can send the P-6 (or any other used SIG) in to them and their gunsmiths will go over it with a fine tooth comb, replace some of the springs, clean it and add night sights to it. All for $129.00 plus shipping. The sights alone are worth $99 I think so it's a tough deal to beat. Go to their sight at www.sigarms.com and I think that it is outlined in the customer service area. Happy shooting and congratulations!

·
55,659 Posts
In my mind, the plastic SIG pistols win no prizes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts