National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should we start a poll on when Sig will restart production of the P320? I've talked with different dealers and the consensus seems to be anywhere from 1-3 months from now. I think they are being optimistic. Either way I will just have to wait patiently. I really want to pick up a full size P320RX and a compact. It's a really great gun.

I rented one at my range to check it out and fell in love right away.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Oh I think it will be well into next year..
I've never been a big Sig handgun fan. They don't fit my hand well or something.. just doesn't feel right. But they make some fine equipment. I own 5 of their rifles and have always been very pleased with them.
I'm haven't shot the 320 tho

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've like every Sig handgun i've fired. The P226/MK-25, P228/M11-A1 and the 1911 Tac. The great thing about the 320 is since it won the XM17 U.S. Army contract to replace the M9 it will be supported for a long time to come.

I hear Sig changed their approach to performing the upgrades though instead of trying to fix the firing mechanism on the gun that comes in they are just going to replace the firing mechanism with a fixed one. In any case they have up to 500k guns to fix.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Well, I had my heart set on getting a P320 because I liked how they have none of safety trigger set-up like Glock and most others. When I own Glocks it always gave me problems because I don't get proper finger placement and it slides back angled and then I get no bang because I didn't get the combination together pulled back correctly.
However I have reevaluated and I notice that horn on the SIG and could be a potential snag problem on the draw stroke.

I just sold my P290RS I recently broken in because that DAO loooooooooooooooong pull and reset I could not live with. Didn't really want to go back to a striker-fired but had little choice so I just bought a G43 that I haven't even shot yet.
But it does carry as nice as that P290RS did.

But now I'm in a pickle because I want to move away from the 9mm because the disparity between that caliber and my .357 magnum revolver is to great I feel. The semi-automatic is only for the quicker reloads not capacity.
My revolver is primary and always will be.
So, I'm gonna blast the 9mm ammo I bought through that G43 and then sell it.

I put a G33 on layaway of the 357 SIG flavor.
I've got my work cut out for me that's for sure because I only shoot one handed and from both sides and the G33 is a 'pocket rocket' and one handed with the notorious Glock limp wrist is always the problem when I go Glock.

I also have a bad instinct after hearing and reading commentary of how the military (Army) chose the P320 as their new sidearm over the Glock.
I'm certainly no Glock fan-boy but my like and respect for SIG has gone down a notch or two.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I am a Sig fan and I will be the first to admit, when it comes to production, Sig always over promises and under delivers. Case in point; the new american P210. Sig showed it at shot show 2016 and said it would hit the market by May of that year. It never showed up. They showed it again at shot show 2017 with videos floating around of the press shooting it. Again they said it would be available in May. Here we are approaching shot show 2018, wonder when they will be promising the P210 will hit the market this year? Talk about a ghost gun! :mad2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sig could certainly be a bit better in the PR department about the 320. That's ok in the meantime I'll keep myself occupied and buy some other guns. I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later since they will not have to repair the ones they are delivering to the military as those already had the fixed version of their firing mechanism. It all depends on how many people end up sending theirs in for the fix and when.

·
going BANG BANG
23 Posts
I’m thinking they will be back in production before Christmas. No one wants to miss the buying season.
There were so many people not going to send it in. Many are changing their minds now. No trigger loss, short turnaround, and free. Once Apex and GreyGuns get their trigger kits revised, there will no reason not too.

Reactions: spookster

·
going BANG BANG
23 Posts
Well... I've posts on FaceBook (collective groan) that people have purchased Upgraded P320s from their local LGS.
So they are out there folks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... I've posts on FaceBook (collective groan) that people have purchased Upgraded P320s from their local LGS.
So they are out there folks.
But were they new production or just 320s that have come back to them after being upgraded? Had seen some 320s for sale in Scheels, my local gun shop and some other dealers at the gun show this weekend but I was told that these were all just ones they had sent in that have now come back.

·
going BANG BANG
23 Posts
New production P320s that were upgraded at the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts