National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay fellows.i hope u all will b fine.my little brother just sliped his hand from shotgun double barrel and the gun fell down.and suddenly after that.tiggers got free like a unloaded gun.and firing pins are not going back into cocking position.what can b issue? i mean which part could b damaged

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
With no more information than is given. Also this sounds like something is broken or at least bent.

Take it to a Gun Smith.

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
Something is blocking my telepathic powers this morning. Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee yet or something. You can put up ten pictures and give us a full run-down on the shotgun and the "advice" is going to be the same as Larry gave you. After that don't let your little brother play with your dad's shotgun any more.

Alan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he was not playing.he just picked up from cupboard and he hand slipped.he is mature hunter.not a child.i just posted this to get information .as i already stated that we are in village and we have no gunsmith in 200 kms.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Well, you obviously have the internet.

Google your shotgun model, go to images, and try to work from a

exploded diagram to see what your issues are. My guess would

be the mainspring is out of position. Or maybe on the other side of the room.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Is it a box lock, or side lock double ? Is it a hammer less, or exposed hammer gun ? What is the manufactures name on the receiver frame? Are the firing pins fixed on the hammer or floating in the receiver ? If they are receiver floating are they assembled from the receiver face or from inside the receiver ? Is the shotgun equipped with auto ejectors ?
I could go on and on but I hope you get the picture. There are very few easy answers when it comes to working on a type of shotgun that was first designed over 150 years ago. During the interim period that basic design has morphed into hundreds of different models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Photo0019.jpg Photo0021 (3).jpg Photo0023.jpg these are orignal pics sory for poor result.every thing is fine ,nothing is broken.and every thing is on its position. i think therewold said right.may b spring's issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts