National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
I still borrow my friends Remington SBS. I have enjoyed shooting it more than my old OU.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Dad had an old Hammer gun for waterfowl...Ahhh! I remember as a boy I used to pull his CAC cardboard cartridges appart,never got the pleasure to squeeze on it though it was borrowed by a Theif...Failed to return it for soom reason :shock: What do shoot?

·
Banned
818 Posts
Friend of mine has a cheap coach gun. I haven't shot it that much, but I guess it's cool and everything. I would love to have an old school coach gun with exposed hammers and double triggers. I so badly want to fire both barrels at once. :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a double trigger,did it a couple of times course it was o/u & no fun believe me :!: especially first thing on a cold morn somewhere in duck country :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi. i'm a new member. i'm a gunsmith in canada. 3 years ago i aquired a stevens model 5100. it needed to be refinished and it had a tenite stock and forend(plastic). it was made in the early 1940's and the tenite was used because of a shortage of wood because of the war. i replace the stock and forend with walnut. stock came from numrich gun parts, west hurley n.y. and the forend came from the savage small arms shop in inverness fla. i reblued the metal and bored the right barrel out from full to skeet. this was all done after checking head space. the right barrel measured out to be a light modified. do i use it? i planned to sell it. but one saturday i went in to my property with it ,shot 3 ruffed grouse and 4 wood ducks out of my beaver pond. this 5100 is a 16 ga. federal do make steel shot in #2 and it is available up here in canada!!!. agun this old especially a double with thinner walls probably should'nt have a lot of steel shot through it. anyway it's not for sale any more. thanks pbl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pblsyd said:
hi. i'm a new member. i'm a gunsmith in canada.
Welcome pblsyd :) !! good to have another Wise man to help the less knowledgable(ME!)....that sounds like a pretty serious piece of kit whats it worth :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi exxit. i bought the gun for 119.00 dollars can. i've been offered 600.00 for it from a guy from quebec who hunts woodcock (timberdoodle) and ducks on the outing. should have sold , which was my original intention, when i rebuilt it, trouble is i LOVE it. i keep fixing up old guns to sell, but er, welllllllll, i don't sell them all. my wife says i have to , sell some before i get any more. don't tell her but i just ordered an old browning auto 5 on saturday. all the best pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eXXit said:
Ithaca 410 sbs, how old was that: Gunny :?:
Damn you made me pull out the blue book, I have not looked up its value in years

Ithaca hammerless double barrel shotgun
Gauge:.410
Length: 32''
Weight: 5.75
Disc. in: 1948
Field Grade: NIB-$910/ GD- $513

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eXXit said:
U let it go?
Yes I did, and I regret every day without it. My first son was born and the family needed money ... so I sold it. Family comes before guns ... remember that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts