National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son always wanted me to pull out my gun collection and show them to his friends when they came over. I know how some parents feel about guns so I would cringe and usually say no. But on occasion I would relent and pull out one or two to show the kids.

The risk is that teens like to brag and that information travels fast in the teen community and into the drug community sometimes and you can be setting yourself up for a robbery.

Do you show your guns to others?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Not usually..... But then again most of my friends know that we have guns, and have seen them before. My son no longer lives at home, and when he did neither he nor his friends ever asked. My daughter is so nonchalant about them!

I suppose it would depend on who did the asking.

G

·
:cool: No sig, I've shown my reloading shed now and then, but there are NO guns there--

--Now and then, I'll bring certain firearms out for my older sons, but NEVER anybody else--

--You're right about word of mouth and not necessarily just kids, Adults do the same, to a lesser degree, but with more dangerous consequences--

-- :--- :--- --JIMBO

·
Registered
338 Posts
No sir. I don't even show them to relatives. I used to be naive about people, and I didn't think about how some of them can get you in the back, even after they were smiling at you. When I was young, I took more stuff at "face value" than I should have. I guess I learned the hard way. People talk, and you are very correct in saying that you could be setting yourself up for a burglary or robbery. Also, I can not see much positive that could come out of it. If a person has more than two guns, there are those that would think that the person may be a little pyschotic, thus there goes the gossip. There is a man here in this town that I know that has a ccw, and I have heard people imply that he is a little silly, or strange, or over the edge. The fact is, he is a very good guy.....nothing wrong with him at all. My advice to everyone is to just be more aware. :twisted: :--- -I

G

·
I show them to relatives. I show them to friends I know are interested. I don't show them to strangers, and I don't brag about having them.

G

·
I don't keep any guns in my house except for my self defense guns and they are relatively lower price range. My carries stay in my vehicle locked in my garage.

The trick is that only a select few people know where my safe is located. It's in a "safe place", no pun intended. If you make it through the electronic security of the warehouse you still have to deal with 2 pit bulls- trained to attack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts