National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ties in with another thread about an Oregon lawsuit to allow a teacher with a concealed handgun permit to carry a gun in the classroom.

Do you think teachers that are trained should be allowed to carry in the classroom?

G

·
I don't see why not, especially since in at least Nevada and Utah you can carry a CCW on your property and your place of business.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
If the teachers get the training needed they should be allowed to carry. It will only take one time for a legally armed teacher to save a bunch of kids and this question will never come up again.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Yes as long as they past a course that would be designed to their needs. I would want them to be fair marksmen and have the mind set to go with it. Some of these teachers today you could give a rubber knife and they would cut their own throat. :yikes1:

·
Don't Tread on Me
485 Posts
I have to say, yes. Anyone who is qualified enough by whateve liscensing system a state has, should be qualified enough to carry on their campus. What's the difference between carrying on the sidwalk accross the street from school property vs carry on the property itself. I just don't get it.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
In VA university staff and students cannot carry, but visitors can.

Of course, I think everyone who is qualified should carry everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I carry at my place of work and have never shot a co-worker or customer. Why can't a teacher do the same?

·
Registered
402 Posts
absolutely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts