National Gun Forum banner

Should I Start Selling Tokarev Grips

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan R McDaniel Jr 
#1 ·
Not to toot my own horn, but I'm not half bad at woodworking.I recently carved a grip out of birdseye maple for my tokarev pistol. I've seen online that many wood Tok grips sell for $80-100, however, those ones are CNC machined. If I was going to make some hand made grips and sell them for say $40-50 per set, would any of you guys (or girls) be interested in them. Even if your not, would anyone else be you think. I'd give any member of NGF like 20% or so, and they'd be for sale on ebay. Just throwining it out there

#3 ·
CMonster, I'm not entirely sure I understand your post (not in a mean way at all). I might of been a little confusing in my first post and want to clarify. I was asking whether or not any of you thought it was worth my time to do this and try to sell them, not whether or not anyone would help. Once again, I'm just a little confused by what you said, "$50 would mean no more than an hour of my time involved per set". Can you please clarify? I'm not asking for any help, you might of misunderstood my poorly written post, sorry about my writing skills :)

#4 ·
I was unclear, apparently. What I meant was that if you are planning to do this and turn a profit from it, you need to account for your time in your cost calculations. If *I* was going to make one, the above value would be my baseline for figuring costs. And trust me, you don't want my help. *S*

Yes, make them.

#6 ·
I'm not sure what the Tokarev grip market is up to these days. Might try it on a special order basis before you make up a barrel of them.

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.