National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a 'Vel-100 Saiga' from Velocity firearms.
I can find no information of this rifle elsewhere online and barely any information about the company, other than the customer servicing being reviewed as friendly and fast.

Here is the rifle on the companies website:
VEL-100 Saiga | Velocity Firearms - Duluth, MN

Stock photo of rifle:

Item description:
New Saiga, made by Izhmash, AK 47 Rifle Chambered 7.62 x 39 Semi Auto Imported by RWC Group. This rifle has a 16” chrome lined barrel and side mount rail for mounting optics. It has been converted to a tactical style AK-47 utilizing the Tapco stock, pistol grip and trigger control group. We also install the bullet guide so the rifle works with an assortment of high capacity AK mags.This is a professionally and meticulously built rifle (test fired and laser bore sighted) by Velocity Firearms. The rifle has a one year manufactures warranty and comes shipped in the original box. It also comes with a cleaning kit, 30 rnd Tapco mag and the original 10 rnd mag modified to work with the rifle.

Has anyone purchases a firearm from this company? Thoughts about the rifle itself?
Assuming I have the money to spend & want an Izhmash rifle, is this one worth getting?

P.S. I've never purchased a rifle online so important notes about the process or questions worth asking the seller about this (or any rifle) would be appreciated. :smile:

· Registered
6,425 Posts
Twelve Hundred Fifty Dollars for an AK47? (!!!) Not just "no,' but HECK NO. Velocity is pulling the same scam Arsenal is trying to pull. Offer a slightly nicer fit and finish on a $400 rifle, then triple the price and reel in the suckers. Fifty years from now, these boutique AKs, Romanian WASR10s, Yugo PAPs, Polish whatevers, Norincos whatevers, WHATEVER, will all still be banging away and doing just fine, almost ready for their first cleaning. In the real world, regardless of maker, an AK is an AK is an AK. Period.

Import ban or not, don't be fooled and don't be taken. Do not let some idiotic "supply and demand" argument sway you. I own a Saiga .223 carbine. I paid $299 for it NIB from J&G Sales several years ago. Nice rifle, robust, accurate, reliable, blah, blah, blah, but I would never pay more for anything than it's worth, and to me, worth is determined solely and exclusively by its actual cost of production and distribution, plus reasonable profits along the way. If I wanted that Saiga today, after Obama's political import ban, would I pay $400 or $500 for it. No way. Market forces be damned. I refuse to pay inflated prices generated by Democrats and speculators.

If you believe that something is worth what some clueless idiot is willing to pay for it, then you deserve to be taken, fleeced, moused and dipped, screwed, blued and tattooed. Patience is a virtue. And like virtue, patience is also its own reward. Wait out the panic prices, they'll come down. Or, punish the gougers as they deserve to be punished and buy another brand.

· Registered
3,358 Posts
I must agree with horselips ... too much money for what you get , just another knock-off .

· Registered
7,253 Posts
yup....I smell a rat of a deal...but if its money your not worried about..then so be it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.