National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a stevens 320 yesterday. Im not familiar with shotguns i have experience with ar15s and handguns. I bought some snap caps to practice with but every time i tried to chamber the snap cap it fell out the bottom of the gun. So i figured it might be a problem snap caps so i tried to load a live round. The round instead of going into the magazine tube it came back and got stuck between the bolt and the feed ramp. Idk what to do now so if anyone has advice that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
remove the end cap and then remove the barrel.......

·
Registered
758 Posts
I bought a stevens 320 yesterday. Im not familiar with shotguns i have experience with ar15s and handguns. I bought some snap caps to practice with but every time i tried to chamber the snap cap it fell out the bottom of the gun. So i figured it might be a problem snap caps so i tried to load a live round. The round instead of going into the magazine tube it came back and got stuck between the bolt and the feed ramp. Idk what to do now so if anyone has advice that would be appreciated.
Can you take a picture and upload it? That would help; plus, have you tried running a cleaning rod down the barrel, to knock it out?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
removing the barrel creates an opening in from of the receiver.....might be able to go that direction.....failing that, take out the pins and drop the trigger group

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i took it to the local gun shop and found out what went wrong. apparently when i put a different stock on it i tightened the screw too tonight and it pushed the trigger guard forward causing the weapon to not function properly

·
Aim true !
11,572 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. PS i have the 320 security gun.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
i have the Winchester SXP series myself.....they are all versions of the older Winchester 1300 series more or less. The Stevens is from China and the SXP is from Turkey.

i like the basic design.....the sxp has replaced my 870 in the patrol truck.....i have that much confidence in the Winchester design and workmanship.....even though its made in Turkey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts