National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a pistol range in his back yard, he recently got a new Kimber Raptor Stainless I recently got a new S&W 1911. Guess what happens next. I put 150 rounds trough the S&W without any problems (100 wwb 50 federal) The Kimbers slide stated locking back after each shot (at least once per mag sometimes more). Also shot his 5906 and a very nice 4inch 19-4 in nickel a few times.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day with your S&W. I have two and they have never failed us yet. The wife just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45ACP and so far so good. I am thinking about the Raptor for a range gun. We shall see. Good luck with yours. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you had a good day with your S&W. I have two and they have never failed us yet. The wife just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45ACP and so far so good. I am thinking about the Raptor for a range gun. We shall see. Good luck with yours. :thumbsup:
I have a Kimper Custom ll that Ive never had a problem with. Im thinking his just needs a few more break in rounds or maybe the slide lock is a tad to long.

G

·
Took my 3 1911s out yesterday (2-45acp,1-38super), my Taurus OSS-24/7,45acp, and my Steyr M-A1 40mm and Sig 226(357). I like to go to my own private spot and make a day of it. I shoot for accuracy with these at 25 yds. EVERYTIME I take out the Steyr, I love it more. Everything shot well, but none have ever been in the Steyrs league for being accurate. I don't no why (might B that I'm one of those "wierdos" that LOVES those triangle sights). Glock's grip angle just didn't fit me, but the Steyr is as close to perfect for ME as I can imagine. I don't no why more don't sing the praises of these FINE pistols (never had a FTF,FTF,FTE in SEVERAL hundred rounds). I don't "roll my own" YET, so something I have to do is buy multiple factory loadings in as many configurations as I can find to find the "preferrence" of each firearm. The Steyr doesn't seem to care. Everything I've shot in it functions great and gives tiny groups. I have been looking for one in 357sig, but they seem to have disappeared. I will get a 9 too,and hope its as good as this 40. Everytime I put it in its case after splattering that 25yd bullseye, I catch myself saying outloud, "You sweet sonofabitch"! Any other Steyr fans out there? Did I just luck out buying this cause I thought it "looked cool" ?

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Took my 3 1911s out yesterday (2-45acp,1-38super), my Taurus OSS-24/7,45acp, and my Steyr M-A1 40mm and Sig 226(357). I like to go to my own private spot and make a day of it. I shoot for accuracy with these at 25 yds. EVERYTIME I take out the Steyr, I love it more. Everything shot well, but none have ever been in the Steyrs league for being accurate. I don't no why (might B that I'm one of those "wierdos" that LOVES those triangle sights). Glock's grip angle just didn't fit me, but the Steyr is as close to perfect for ME as I can imagine. I don't no why more don't sing the praises of these FINE pistols (never had a FTF,FTF,FTE in SEVERAL hundred rounds). I don't "roll my own" YET, so something I have to do is buy multiple factory loadings in as many configurations as I can find to find the "preferrence" of each firearm. The Steyr doesn't seem to care. Everything I've shot in it functions great and gives tiny groups. I have been looking for one in 357sig, but they seem to have disappeared. I will get a 9 too,and hope its as good as this 40. Everytime I put it in its case after splattering that 25yd bullseye, I catch myself saying outloud, "You sweet sonofabitch"! Any other Steyr fans out there? Did I just luck out buying this cause I thought it "looked cool" ?

How do you like that Taurus 24/7 OSS? Even though I am aware of all the issues with their guns that OSS keeps looking pretty good to me. Just curious what kind of luck you are having with it.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
They didn't have a full size Raptor when I went to get mine. I wanted a full size with target sites. I came home with the Team Match II. I have had it for several months now and it is one fine pistol. It hasn't failed me yet with close to 2,500rds through it.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
The SW1911 is an excellent pistol... hope you have fun with her!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts