National Gun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aim true !
13,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I could see the fire flash in my scope. I don't see it with my hand loads. Im guessing they use a slower burning powder. Pretty cool to see though. I also shoot my hand loads with a COL of 2.225 vs 2.245 where i had them. The Pro-mags ran it with no issues. Im going to check zero on paper then. I just shot some steel today. Rain was on the way. Just wanted to play some before it came.

·
Genius in Training
616 Posts
My 20" AR with a 223 wylde chamber really likes Frontier ammo. Garbage brass but Hornady bullet, that's basically what my reloads are. Only difference is powder consistency but my quality control isn't the best for 223 so they are basically the exact same. Usually around MOA, which factory ammo out of an AR, I'll take it.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
903 Posts
My Mini eats everything ,almost 2000 rounds and zero malfunctions
My new in 1980 Mini eats everything and has has thousands upon thousands upon thousands of rounds through it., mostly varmit and plinking type shooting. The barrel should be worn out but doesn't show signs of it. My experience with Frontier ammo is very good. I believe it has Hornady bullets if that means anything. As OOL said, the brass is good. Very good in fact. I stocked up on a bunch of Frontier ammo pre-stupid. No regrets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My new in 1980 Mini eats everything and has has thousands upon thousands upon thousands of rounds through it., mostly varmit and plinking type shooting. The barrel should be worn out but doesn't show signs of it. My experience with Frontier ammo is very good. I believe it has Hornady bullets if that means anything. As OOL said, the brass is good. Very good in fact. I stocked up on a bunch of Frontier ammo pre-stupid. No regrets.
Yeah but can it do this? @100 yrds .55 gr American eagle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Automotive design

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah but can it do this? @100 yrds .55 gr American eagle View attachment 142305

·
Registered
903 Posts
How hot do you guys let your barrels get? I usally let mine cool after 20 rounds.
20 rounds in what period of time? I don't let my barrel get hot because I don't use it that way and I think mag. dumps are stupid. My barrel has been hot but not hot enough to do anything bad apparently. Shoot it until it gets cherry red then let us know. Really, we want to know...... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Idk ,this one has always had a scope , my eyes are not so good anymore… But I did have another 580 series that would group at or around 3” @50 . This one has a few tricks up it’s sleeve including a trigger job done by a once Ruger ,Gunsmith . It breaks at 3 1/2 pounds.
I purchased it in 08 and its has been a love of mine .I grew up shooting M1’s and 1911’s as my father was a vet and a gun enthusiasts himself.
I’m a little nostalgic you could say .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try a barrel strut there are a few on the market… I installed mine thinking it would drastically increase accuracy, while it definitely improved it I think the real benefit is that it acts like a heat sink and helps decrease any wiping caused by overheating. I’ve never noticed any fade in accuracy using it .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts