National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I got the bug to buy some new calibers.

While in NM, Gunrnr pulled out some of his armory, a S&W 10mm revolver (8" barrel?) and his new USP in .45.

My support hand is still a little sore from the 10mm, but it was a fun round to shoot.

Got a couple in the center ring @ 25 yards, had some trigger flinch when firing what I fully knew was an empty chamber.

The H&K was a sweet gun, the .45 is a lot lighter kick than the .40.

Also shot his KelTec .380, clearly an up close & personal defense weapon. Concealability offsets shootability (due to the size).

Time to go shopping...

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Have fun shopping. What will be first on your list? A Desert Eagle .50 caliber? :smile: Stock up on that ammunition because there will be another price increase soon.

G

·
I had my first round of shooting with the 6.8spc M4 a few months ago. Needless to say I still have the itch my wallet could scratch.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
I’m glad you enjoyed your shoot. Enjoy shopping.

I had my first round of shooting with the 6.8spc M4 a few months ago. Needless to say I still have the itch my wallet could scratch.
The 6.8 is a great round. I mean frigging great. I was checking out some ballistics testing done a few months ago. Externals are pretty durn good. Manageable recoil, and terminals are frigging excellent. Damn thing starts its yaw about the same depth as the 5.56 and fragments just as easily.

G

·
I’m glad you enjoyed your shoot. Enjoy shopping. The 6.8 is a great round. I mean frigging great. I was checking out some ballistics testing done a few months ago. Externals are pretty durn good. Manageable recoil, and terminals are frigging excellent. Damn thing starts its yaw about the same depth as the 5.56 and fragments just as easily.
I enjoyed the hell out of it. The only problem I have found is either finding cheap commercial ammo, or brass for reloading. It is quite an elusive round because it has not been on the market for very long. But I enjoyed a better M4 shooting experience, due to the change in calibers, I even got to give the Barrett REC7 a try again. The short stroke evens alot of the recoil and makes the follow up shot easy. For the first in a long time, I am very impressed.
... now just to get my trigger finger to stop itching.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Sorry for the hijack.

Very nice. Give it a few years and 6.8 will probably be more abundant. MARCORSYSCOM has one SCAR variant chambered in 6.8 SPC for testing, and things are looking good. The problem lay in convincing the rest of NATO to adopt it, and I am sure they are still ticked with what we did to them during the last standardization. They are also looking at an upgrade to the MK211 HEAIP. Very promising.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I love the 10. I want one of the short frame Glocks to keep my Smith 1006 company. My fingers are crossed for an OD green frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts