National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
What speed said, what's your budget?
I would go with 12 over 20. Trap can be very difficult and every time you drop your shot capacity you make it even harder. I see very few people shoot anything other than 12 and most of them time when they do it's just for fun and games.
Do not buy a gun without being able to hold and shoulder it.
You may have to settle for buying a gun that fits nicely and sending the stock out to have an adjustable comb and but pad installed. Makes it more expensive but worth it. If you find a gun that fits really nice it also may not be needed. I have several trap guns and a couple have adjustable combs. The one that works the best for me doesn't have one and just has an adjustable but pad.
Also check with the guys who shoot at your club. Most of the people I shoot with have multiple guns because they play "keeping up with the Jones's" and they may be willing to sell one of their guns they don't use anymore.

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
Just thought I would add this. You don;t necessarily need a O/U either. I still see a few people use semi auto's and most are veteran shooters who shoot very well. One guy at the club I go to has a Remmy 1100 and another lady uses one of those Beretta's with a blue receiver(forgot the model). <--- pretty sure that's a pricey gun though. A few others use various semi's or pumps as well. Unless you plan on shooting doubles a O/U isn't needed unless you;re dead set on having one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts