National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
never ran across one.....never seen them offered but then again i've never looked for one either.......but i do enjoy history.

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
They were sold for around $12 dollars in the 1960s. The Old Shotgun News and Hi Hunter offered Milsurp bargains every two weeks. Problem was getting $12 extra dollars back then.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I believe my brother paid $15.00 for his Berthier. I bought a 03/A3 at the same time for $21.00. That was around 1963 or 64. The old smoke poles are fun to shoot.

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
Northtide, The Colt DA .45ACP/AR revolvers new in wrappers were $18 bucks. The S&W Revolver Milsurp was $22 dollars. My $18.00 "War Baby" M-1 .30 Carbine was fed hundreds of free National Guard .30 Carbine rounds. Shhh!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
My brother got a couple of belts of .30/06 machine gun ammo from a friend at Ft Bliss in the early 60's. He swears every tree on the grand parents' farm had at least one .30 caliber bullet hole in it.

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
Northtide, When my brother and I were skinny runt Pups we had a .30-06 kind of? We had a .30 Jap Arisaka rifle chambered to fire the .06. We found a few hundred rounds of surplus .30-06 rounds. We knew nothing about tracers. We were alone on the place and a windrowed hay field. We saw a Big Rock Chuck in the hay rows. I fired a few rounds and the hay meadow went up in flames. I never told anyone that it wasn't summer lighting that set the fire. :wink:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I have a large bag of 'Air Pulled' tracer bullets. I don't know what I will do with them. It's a safe bet they won't get fired here on the ranch.:thumbsup:

·
Galactic Effectuator
525 Posts
I have a thirst for World War One infantry rifles. I have a M1903, M1917 Eddystone (and a M1903A3), SMLE of the First World War type (rear sight on barrel). I'd like to find a French rifle at least, perhaps one or two others.

The 8mm Lebel is a goofy looking and obsolete round among modern rounds, but it was the first smokeless military rifle round adopted by any nation. That deserves a little respect at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts