National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off with little brother coming by. We had to break out the new Henry’s so he could try some of the new calibers.

.327 mag, .41 mag and .45 Colt

Windage was good but need to adjust the elevation on two of them. Two were shooting high.

Then we moved on to some 45 Colt Bisley action with some warm loads. That’s always good time.

After he left, I switched over to spend some time with the 45 1911s

Was a good hour or two after work. It’s nice to not have to hurry to the range after work. Just plop a target in the yard.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Needed a day of normal. Besides. I came into another 3,000 large pistol primers the other day. Plenty to reload several days of shooting big bores. Plenty of of bullets and powder on hand too.

On a side note. I was shooting at 37 yards today. Same position with all guns. I was having some trouble finding the aim point with the S&W. That’s the furthest I’ve had it back to. I ran 3 mags through it and was not able to put my finger on where it was going. Going to try a cardboard box tomorrow to see if it’s me or the gun. I had zero problems with the two Metros, or the Rugers for that matter.

Little brother doesn’t usually shoot handguns from those distances, or single actions, so I can’t really put stock in his aim with the Rugers but I had no issues.

·
Aim true !
11,835 Posts
Friday im planing on some trigger time. Going to be in the 70's.

Reactions: Philmo11
1 - 4 of 4 Posts