National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I ask this question I do NOT want to seem like I'm whining, I just would like to know if this is normal procedure at a range. The people shooting semi's seem to have no regard for the people next to them as their weapon ejects empty casings hitting the person next to them, even another semi auto shooter. No one really seems to mind. A few semi shooters have a fish dip net set up to catch the shells, which seem like a good idea. If getting showered with someone else's casings is not looked upon as a bad thing than I guess that's just the way it is. Just courious to hear what you guys think. :---

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the range i work at is an indoor range and we have individual partitions so flying brass ususally doesnt hit anyone. but in the event it is i usually just step back and wait till there done so im not getting hit and trying to shoot at the same time. i usually try to catch their brass to.... its mine now

·
Registered
236 Posts
Stop whining :mrgreen:

But seriously, you're right. It usually doesn't happen at my range because there's a metal grid between every shooter. But sometimes the casings will still get around and hit somebody else. I just tell the to be more careful. Never had a problem with anybody about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kind of like the idea of the extra brass...never thought about that.

I think I'll just build a small wood frame with screen and have it handy to sit on the table if necessary.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My range has bulletproof glass partitions, but they do not go all the way to the ceiling so every once in a while an empty will flip over the top. I shoot both so I just take it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I was at an outdoor range a couple years ago shooting my CZ-52 with some rather hot ammo. I was sitting at the bench for the rifle range and shooting at chunks of dirt and rocks on the berm out beyond the 100 yard target stands. After the first magazine full, the guy from two benches over to my right came over to complain about my empties hitting him. I apologized and moved all the way down to the right end where there was only weeds to annoy. Although sometimes unavoidable, it does pay to be courteous.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
32 Magnum said:
I was at an outdoor range a couple years ago shooting my CZ-52 with some rather hot ammo. I was sitting at the bench for the rifle range and shooting at chunks of dirt and rocks on the berm out beyond the 100 yard target stands. After the first magazine full, the guy from two benches over to my right came over to complain about my empties hitting him. I apologized and moved all the way down to the right end where there was only weeds to annoy. Although sometimes unavoidable, it does pay to be courteous.

Sounds like an honorable solution to me!

I like your signature. Protect Your Freedom Join the NRA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts