National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks.

Long time reader, first time poster :)

I'm an Australian, who is planning to go on a holiday to the US some time in the next year or so, and as part of my trip, i want to fire an automatic weapon.

In australia, you can only get pistol ranges, and while I've fired up to a .50 Desert Eagle (fun), i want to try something that has a bit more oomph.

So.. if I could only pick one automatic weapon to fire (keeping in mind I've never fired a rifle before), what would you recommend?

Also, if you know of any shooting ranges/whatever in the areas around Los Angeles, California; Colombus, Ohio or New York that have said firearm, give a hollar.

Bonus points for prices :)

Anyway, thanks to y'all for helping in advance.

Sam

·
Registered
517 Posts
Las Vegas has full auto rental. There is a $5 discount in the magazine that all hotels have in the rooms. Not cheap. Costs about $40 to shoot M-16, MP5, Thompson, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but

Thanks, but mainly I was looking for a 'if you could pick one gun to try' preference thing :13:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
You're not allowed to own fully automatic weapons in this country without a special permit, so it's not going to be easy to find one and shoot it at leisure.

There are a few events around the country where you are able to view and shoot them, but they are few and far between.

So, what's the fascination with full auto anyway? If you're that into them, join the military........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested in it as an experience. Something I've never done before, probably won't get a chance to do again for a long time, and something that is illegal in my home country.

It's like visiting Amsterdam :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fun?

No-one has a suggestion as to the most 'fun' automatic firearm to fire, if you only ever got to fire one, once?

G

·
In North ID center target range has machine guns you can rent for $20 plus ammo. But I dont think you would want to make a trip all the way to ID just for a shooting range. I am sure there closer places in the States

G

·
No-one has a suggestion as to the most 'fun' automatic firearm to fire, if you only ever got to fire one, once?
If you want something fun to shoot shoot a mini gun. I dont know where exactly you could find one but they are out there in the states. I will cost a lot though. If you cant afford that shoot an AK

·
5,082 Posts

Hey Pardner...welcome and hope you come on over when you can. I was sure treated nice in Perth in the 80's.

I suggest...for what you said and reasons...a Thompson .45 calliber
sub.........

1. Force and enjoyment of action/rounds.....

2. The classic full auto....etc...

However...where you get the FULL auto chance. might only have say an m16 or similiar..so..otherwise ask for the Thompson...

And hopefully have enough cash for TWO magazines/limits....

After you get the "BUZZ" from 1st firing..then you can try to calm down
and better enjoy/shoot the second...or third...used to be "typically"
about 50 bucks....50 rounds...example.but ammo higher now..but if outfit reloads (probably)...and with economy...maybe still get a fair deal...

- I will look for sites that offfer this in areas/cities you mentioned and repost later....

- also..are you the bloke who said he may come over and his girl had such little hands...? for her shooting pick of a weapon...?

Will check back later and try to leave info..cheers..

:lol::thumbsup:

G

·
Most big cities in the "free states" have a range where you can rent full auto.

The choices are many: subgun- UZI, MP5 or MAC, they're about the same. Battle rifle- AK is more visceral than the AR. Belt guns are the best.

My personal favorite FA shooting experience is an M60 from the shoulder.

What cities will you be visiting?

G

·
You're not allowed to own fully automatic weapons in this country without a special permit, so it's not going to be easy to find one and shoot it at leisure.

There are a few events around the country where you are able to view and shoot them, but they are few and far between.

So, what's the fascination with full auto anyway? If you're that into them, join the military........
Depends on who you know; pretty much all my shooting buddies have NFA weapons. All the larger ranges here in Oklahoma offer FA rentals. But I do agree that if you want the widest possible selection, plan a machine gun shooting meet in your travels. Knob Creek is the big one.

I like to shoot FA guns, as well as other types of guns...why label it "fascination" as if to suggest it's unnatural. What do you like to shoot?

I'm a Marine so your final suggestion is somewhat moot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers

Hey Pardner...welcome and hope you come on over when you can. I was sure treated nice in Perth in the 80's.
Good to hear! I always like to hear that people have enjoyed themselves over here. We've got a reputation to uphold :)

I suggest...for what you said and reasons...a Thompson .45 calliber
sub.........
A tommygun! cool!

- I will look for sites that offfer this in areas/cities you mentioned and repost later....

- also..are you the bloke who said he may come over and his girl had such little hands...? for her shooting pick of a weapon...?
Thanks, mate. much appreciated.

And yes, I'm the guy with the derringers post :)

Similar concept, just she's much smaller, and can't fire nearly anything.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
Getting to run through a few mags in an AK47 is ALWAYS a great treat... so if I was to suggest one... there ya go!

Have fun, hope you enjoy your trip here.

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
My view is that any full auto gun is almost the most fun you can have. If you cant find a place to shoot FA then at least try to find a range you can shoot the .50bmg. Now for semi auto or single shot thats a whole lot of fun. If you are lucky enough to get to a machine gun shoot you will problably be able to combine the 2 and shoot a FA .50bmg anti aircraft gun. Talk about getting your rocks off YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!

·
Registered
480 Posts
If near Baltimore try Select Fire in Glen Burnie Maryland. You can rent anything. I suggest a MP-5 Fast, fun, and resonable ammo. You'll spend about $100.00 in 5 minutes. Welcome to the forum. I know your not new but glad your posting. Anyway Hope you have a awsome vacation. The US will be glad to have ya.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts