National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use all leather ranch gloves while working on the farm. They fit reasonably well, except they wouldn't be ideal for shooting. I wondered if anyone here uses gloves while shooting, and if so, what make/style/etc. do you use?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a couple pairs of lightly insulated gloves I sometimes wear when it's real cold, but even then I prefer to shoot without them.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Only when shooting shotgun and then I wear golf gloves - thin enough to feel the trigger; thick enough for warmth or sweat protection

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Once in a great while i'll wear some finger-less gloves when it's real cold and sometimes when shooting trap.....if i ever get to do that again.

·
Live Free
2,801 Posts
I used a Past shooting glove when shooting my Freedom Arms .454. When it is cold enough nowadays I use military flight gloves to protect my hands from the cold; probably not so much now that I moved.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I find if I don’t wear my basic fingerless padded gloves my arthritis kicks in

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I got some Mechanix gloves to shoot my 44 mag snubbie and 357 LCR.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Shooting gloves are expensive. I have a pair of baseball gloves with leather palm pads. They were much less expensive. They work great with my .44 magnum and .454 Casull revolvers for a long session at the range.

·
Super Moderator
5,689 Posts
I have been toying round whether or not to try them when shooting, for better grip. Mechanics gloves or at work we have snug fitting blade resistant gloves. I have been thinking of using the ones from work seeing they're free :).

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
If you get a pair of tactical kevlar gloves from a law enforcement or military supply house, you can shoot with them...

... IF THEY FIT correctly.

--Wag--

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Shooting gloves are expensive. I have a pair of baseball gloves with leather palm pads. They were much less expensive. They work great with my .44 magnum and .454 Casull revolvers for a long session at the range.
I buy my golf gloves for about $5/ea; I usually buy 3 pairs at a time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have had full fingered shooting gloves, with the index finger ends being intentionally thin, but didn't like them much.

I have some half-finger bicycle gloves that I think would also be ideal for shooting, but I haven't tried them for that yet. They are thin and fit very snugly. They have gel pads on the palms, which I think would absorb recoil really well. The top rated ones on Amazon are only $12 - $15 a pair.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes and no, I like to wear my gel filled finger less riding gloves. But I usually finish up shooting my current choice of EDC without

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,388 Posts
Reactions: Mad Scientist
1 - 17 of 17 Posts