National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a video about a guy who fired a 50 Cal through a single shot shotgun. I am interested in finding out if anyone else has done something so crazy? I have a Mossberg 695 that I’m interested in trying this, I know it sounds crazy but has anyone else tried it and videoed it?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My LGS had a .410 shotgun that some kids stole from their parents and were shooting misc. rifle rounds through. Some they aren't even sure how they fired as they should have slipped by the extractor into the barrel but they did it with quite a few until one blew the gun up in the kids hand. They were lucky to have not been hurt or worse. Sammi says the max 12 gauge pressure is 11,500 psi for up to 3" shells. A 50BMG runs around 55,000psi. Your, gun, your eyes, your hands, your life and your decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not yet! Will try that! :machinegun:

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Yep, let's a gun that is designed for 10K psi and run that 50BMG round through it.....What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Hey, hold me beer...................

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Beyond the stupid there is the expense. At $47+ a box of 10 plus the shotgun your going to ruin and if you hurt yourself and require medical assistance and that will lead to a host of questions.....................

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Considering a 12 gauge barrel has an internal bore ranging anywhere from .725 to .750, a 28 gauge which runs around .550, would be closer in size..............That said, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something

1 - 20 of 20 Posts