National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest aquisition, a Ruger GP100 .357 mag! :---

I bought this from our esteemed member, Whompuss, and I'm looking forward to taking it to the range on Friday. Yesterday I replaced the grips with Hogue's - which I love on Richs' .44 - and I bought 100 rounds of .357 and 100 rounds of .38 special. I also bought dies for the .357 so we can reload.

Very excited. :i: This is my first wheelgun...............

G

·
:cool: -Yo Niner, GOOD choice-that sidearm will last longer than you're sense of humor--

--Remember mine in SS, which I trusted as my duty backup revolver--

--

--They're not a targrt pistol, but non-failing and accurate enough for situation change--

-- :--- good buy--JIMBO

G

·
if youre gonna use it for Personal defense make sure you practice using the double action mode. i can rember how many people have been threw my classes with revolver saying they wont shoot it double action because its to hard to pull the trigger. if i were going to own one id have the single action notch removed and the action cleaned up really well.

a cheap way to do it is to fill the action with crest toothpaste and dry fire it alot. 2-3 thousand times and youll notice a really improved trigger.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
:i: Hooo-Ray for you dear lady. You have just bought a very fine revolver that will last a life time. Mr.Lee is right about the triggers are sometimes a little rough but any gunsmith worth his salt can smooth it right out for you. Also the .38/.357 is one of the most popular rounds to load for there is. I use Winchester 231 for the .38s and Winchester 296 for the .357s. Good luck with it. :i:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Sweet! I really like .357's. They are so versatile. You can plink around with 38's and still shoot the fire breathing hot stuff when ya want.... -I :i: :-B-:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Ruger, they are rock solid.

Enjoy that new revolver! :)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
SUPER! You're going to love it. You'll NEED to practice with that double action, as mentioned. Rugers are great and solid and all that, but their double action is NOT friendly and only so much can be done to smooth them out. They are manageable, but only with practice. But of course you probably already know that.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried shooting double action and it is not too much fun, and I have a nasty pinch on my finger!!! I think I need lots of practice with that................... :roll:

I like that toothpaste idea, but how the heck do you clean it up afterwards?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
I tried shooting double action and it is not too much fun, and I have a nasty pinch on my finger!!! I think I need lots of practice with that................... :roll:

I like that toothpaste idea, but how the heck do you clean it up afterwards?!?!?!?

Toothrush & HOT water :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Toothbrush, hot water, followed by either warm oven (225 deg F) or hot sun to evaporate all water. Re-lube thoroughly, of course.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
gunrnr said:
Toothbrush, hot water, followed by either warm oven (225 deg F) or hot sun to evaporate all water. Re-lube thoroughly, of course.
Or just blow the water off with your air compressor, I regulate mine at 25psi., then lube it.............of course :!: :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,456 Posts

My 2 1/2" S&W 686. It carries well, with plenty of firepower. Bill T.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts