National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you dealt with the service department from any gun makers? I had dealings with Ruger and Kimber and they treated me well, I only paid for the shipping to them. I have seen horror stories on other forums, but I had good dealings..I have noticed that gun makers take better care of their customers than any other industry, I think the car companies could learn from them.

T

·
0 Posts
one of my first pocket guns was a used intratech it broke on the first shot I sent it to them and they made a new one [different gun same serial # ], no charge except I paid for shipping to them. I sold it unfired.

G

·
0 Posts
taylor said:
one of my first pocket guns was a used intratech it broke on the first shot I sent it to them and they made a new one [different gun same serial # ], no charge except I paid for shipping to them. I sold it unfired.
actually thats a lie, factory by law must test their firearm twice before shipping to insure that the firearm is safe. Some firearms (like my buckmark) have the test casings with the firearm.

·
Registered
341 Posts
leeindy said:
springfield is really good about repairing there xds
Yes Springfield has great customer service. I had a problem with my XD when I first got it, they paid for the overnight shipping (required next day) and got me a replacement within a couple days.

-Derek

S

·
0 Posts
taurus has one of the worst service depts imho !

they cobbled the repair on my son's 24/7 9mm
and sucker people into purchasing taurus products with
the life time warranty B.S. too bad the owner doesn't realize that the meaning to the warranty is :
IT TAKES A LIFE TIME OF ATTEMPTS FOR TAURUS TO GET THE REPAIR RIGHT! :lol: $ 35.00 each time you return their faulty products begins to eat away at the advantage of the small amount saved buying taurus products and deflates the warranty balloon very quickly.
my hard earned money will not go to taurus again!
taurus is the :twisted: of all arms manufacturers.
guess i should lighten up ....it's a very smart and successful marketing ploy! :roll:
wanna buy a time share? ;)

G

·
0 Posts
sewerman said:

the life time warranty B.S. too bad the owner doesn't realize that the meaning to the warranty is :
IT TAKES A LIFE TIME OF ATTEMPTS FOR TAURUS TO GET THE REPAIR RIGHT! :lol: $ 35.00 each time you return their faulty products begins to eat away at the advantage of the small amount saved buying taurus products and deflates the warranty balloon very quickly.
guess i should lighten up ....it's a very smart and successful marketing ploy! :roll:
Them are fighting words buddy :---
The 24/7 is not a very good pistol, I have talked to many of the customers that buy them and they are unhappy with their purchase. Dont put all your ruling into one gun, I own a couple taurus firearms and they are on par with the high priced "good" firearms. I would buy 5 taurus revolvers before I buy one glock. And my custumer service record with taurus has been 100%, so instead of spouting off a bunch of non sense, think before you post.
[Rant off]

·
Registered
341 Posts
sewerman said:

I'm with ya on this one. A buddy of mine owned a Taurus and had nothing but problems with it. He bought it brand new and it broke at every single range outing. It was sent in for service I believe 4-5 times and twice was replaced with a brand new pistol. Various things broke every single time including the two replacements. He finally gave up and the pistol still sits broken in his safe. After seeing his experiences with Taurus I ill never ever consider buying one of their products (not that I would have anyway). I can help but laugh when I see people recommend a Taurus product.

Gunny the Gun said:
I would buy 5 taurus revolvers before I buy one glock. And my custumer service record with taurus has been 100%, so instead of spouting off a bunch of non sense, think before you post.
You'll need to buy 5 Taurus's to last as long as a Glock. :eek: He is not spouting off non sense; that was the exact experience my buddy received from their customer service. Repeated attempts to fix the firearm and to this day didn't get it right.

-Derek

G

·
0 Posts
xjedix said:
I can help but laugh when I see people recommend a Taurus product.
You'll need to buy 5 Taurus's to last as long as a Glock. :eek: He is not spouting off non sense; that was the exact experience my buddy received from their customer service. Repeated attempts to fix the firearm and to this day didn't get it right.
-Derek
can I ask what taurus product this is.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
xjedix said:
I can help but laugh when I see people recommend a Taurus product.
-Derek
can I ask what taurus product this is.
I honestly can't remember the model as I am not familiar with the Taurus product line. I will certainly find out for you. To be honest I have always heard decent things about Taurus 1911's and their revolver lines; but the bottom line is that anything they are willing to put their name on should be a quality product.

-Derek

G

·
0 Posts
xjedix said:
I honestly can't remember the model as I am not familiar with the Taurus product line. I will certainly find out for you. To be honest I have always heard decent things about Taurus 1911's and their revolver lines; but the bottom line is that anything they are willing to put their name on should be a quality product.
-Derek
True, I put all my trust in their revolvers,I have never heard a bad comment about their revolver.
The 24/7 is a POS, but then again how many lemons has S&W shoved on the market before they were properly fixed of all bugs. You cant make a judgement on a whole company due to one fault product line. I do not trust people that whine about firearms on second hand experiences.
I trust every firearm I have by taurus.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
True, I put all my trust in their revolvers,I have never heard a bad comment about their revolver.
The 24/7 is a POS, but then again how many lemons has S&W shoved on the market before they were properly fixed of all bugs. You cant make a judgement on a whole company due to one fault product line. I do not trust people that whine about firearms on second hand experiences.
I trust every firearm I have by taurus.
You can take it for what its worth. It's not like this is something that I read on the internet, this was a very good friend of mine that I shoot with very often. And yes I can make a judgement on a company based on something like this. Its not only that it was bad product but was a complete lack of customer service. After the 3rd, 4th 5th attempt at fixing the problem they should have either given a refund or bumped him up to a better product that they know will work.

-Derek

G

·
0 Posts
get me the model of the taurus product and PM me, No reason to clog up forum with arguments.

S

·
0 Posts
i have read horror stories about the 24/7 .45 that would make most people want to go to brazil and burn the factory down.
smith & wesson is crap too as far as auto's go.
my personal experience with taurus only relates with their 24/7.9mm
i also have a friend who has had good luck with `some' of taurus' revolvers.
i find the life time warranty scam to be just that, a ploy to win over the customer's
confidence so the purchase will be made.
my feelings are, that if a large international company is gonna be in business then they should
have a decent after market repair facility.
at taurus' request, i gave them photo's of the damaged /faulty parts.
a copy of the repair parts list that came with the gun showing the parts that were needed to fix the weapon.
a detailed account of the malfunction/stoppage /failure and what was needed to make a quality repair. what other company needs or has the gaul to request this?
even then taurus cobbled the job! taurus may make a good revolver or other guns but i will not be willing to take the chance to find out.
some people like fords , or chevy . foreign or domestic....everybody has a favorite or likes pulling for the underdog. so ya can't please everyone...like the ole saying.... who ya gonna please with that?....ME! that's why i won't purchase another taurus product....period. :-B-:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts