National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
land of the free so far.
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Government has shut down 17 times in the last 30 years. Obama is the 1st and only President to order vets locked out of military cemetery's.:mad5:

·
1,796 Posts
He's a pos and his current actions will hopefully help some of the blind in this country see the light.

Reactions: DPM and Siplace

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
What bothers me about this whole shut down is that the Big Fool is willing to play Veterans like poker chips. Vets deserve better.

For now the DAVs are still funded. I have heard reports that the funding for DAVs will run out at the end of October.

·
1,796 Posts
What bothers me about this whole shut down is that the Big Fool is willing to play Veterans like poker chips. Vets deserve better.

For now the DAVs are still funded. I have heard reports that the funding for DAVs will run out at the end of October.
Even my ultra liberal aunt is taking notice of that. After all her dad, two brothers, two nephews and I are who he's targeting. She doesn't step into political discussions much but has voiced her disapproval of this ploy.

·
Super Moderator
5,931 Posts
Not for nothing but this really does not feel like a shut down. More of like a control issue a "look what I can do" or a child with a temper tantrum.

Reactions: DPM

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,105 Posts
Veteran's Cemetaries are closed but our Affirmative Action President's favorite federal golf course is open.

Military Commissaries (food stores/supermarkets are closed worldwide) but our Affirmative Action President keeps all of his bennies.

As of now, Service Connected Disabled Veteran payments will not be made for November but our Affirmative Action President will get his check.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
From the very beginning of OweBama's administration, veterans have been disrespected. It was his Secretary of Homeland Security - Janet Napolitano - who's policy it was to consider returning soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan to all be potential terrorists simply by virtue of the training they received. It is ideologically impossible to be both an American and a Democrat. An American is a nationalist, a Democrat is an earthling.

·
Super Moderator
15,097 Posts
He will dine, smacking his lips, on the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Alan

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Not for nothing but this really does not feel like a shut down. More of like a control issue a "look what I can do" or a child with a temper tantrum.
This. I mean really look at it! Federal law still applies, politicians are still getting paid, prisons are still operational and funded, etc...
It all boils down to politicians getting paid to do nothing. The only real differences that I've noticed is the mass number of furloughed government employees
who now have to go without because obama has to be a child (really wanted to put something more derogatory here), and then the Vets being treated like they aren't worth a damn. That is just outright disrespectful. The man is a disgrace.
I have never really wanted to punch the president in the face before, well any of the others I've been around for, but really, if I had the opportunity, I would break his damn teeth for what he's done to our veterans.

·
Super Moderator
15,097 Posts
I wonder if the welfare checks have dried up?

Alan

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Super Moderator
5,931 Posts
Oh don't worry the kenyan opened the national mall ONLY for people to attend the pro illegal immigration rally.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Let him play golf---keep him out of the important stuff--- like running the country and trying to be a dictator.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Pentagon Withholding Death Benefits for Fallen Soldiers' Families
The Pentagon has confirmed it will not pay death benefits to the families of troops killed in combat during the so-called government shutdown.
Privately, Defense Department officials say they wish they could pay the families and they admit it's a disgrace that deserves national attention.
Boehner claimed a bill passed by Congress and signed by the president last week to pay America's troops should have given the Pentagon the latitude "to pay all kinds of bills, including this."
Obama's recent startling admission that he won't approve any measures to partially restore suspended government payments for purely political reasons,

Fallen Soldiers
25-year-old 1st Lt. Jennifer M. Moreno;
24-year-old Pfc. Cody J. Patterson;
24-year-old Special Agent Joseph M. Peters;
25-year-old Sgt. Patrick C. Hawkins;
19-year-old Lance Cpl. Jeremiah M. Collins, Jr.

·
Super Moderator
15,097 Posts
Let him play golf---keep him out of the important stuff--- like running the country and trying to be a dictator.
True enough. When DemocRats take power the "do stuff", most of it without thinking and all of it with OUR money. When the Republicans take power, they "do nothing", mostly they don't undo all the stuff the DemocRats did when they had power. When it's "Stalemate" is the only time the American People win.

Alan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts