National Gun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve discussed this before, but not recently (found only old threads if my search was correct… so I’m starting this new thread)

What’s been your experience as a seller?

My Experience

(Upside)

- I’ve had good luck selling firearms and ammo on GunBroker over the last year. I’ve disposed of several guns I no longer wanted in my inventory for reasonable prices and sold a few batches of ammo (calibers I don’t shoot anymore).

- The fees to sell are reasonable (less than the 10% consignment fee my LGS charges) see chart below

- The payment method (for me as a seller) works well… I take only USPS money orders and never ship until I’m paid

- For things I list, the buyer pays all fees (their state‘s sales tax if applicable, the GunBroker 1% compliance fee plus shipping)

- I get access to buyers from around the country… not just my local market

- listing an item costs me nothing… if it doesn’t sell… it doesn’t sell and I pay nothing

(Downside)

- Compared to just dropping a firearm off for consignment, selling on GunBroker takes more time. It takes more time to take photos, prepare the listing, post the listing, answer questions from interested buyers, pack and ship the item legally (ground for ammo and I use shipmygun,com for sending firearms to buyer’s FFL)

- it’s possible to get buyers who never pay. Then I would report them to GunBroker, re-list my item, and submit a request for a credit from GunBroker for the selling fee. Not a big deal, just a bit of PITA administrative stuff to do.

fee schedule for GunBroker

Here is how you calculate your Final Value Fee:
  1. Take the first $250 of your final value and multiply it by 6%. If your item sold for $250 or less this is your Final Value Fee.
  2. If your final value was more than $250, take the additional amount over $250 and multiply it by 3.5%.
  3. Add up these amounts and that is your Final Value Fee.
For example, a $1500 item would cost:
  1. $250 times 6% = $15.00
  2. $1250 times 3.5% = $43.75
  3. Total = $58.75
A $500 item would cost:
  1. $250 times 6% = $15.00
  2. $250 times 3.5% = $8.75
  3. Total = $23.75

1 - 1 of 1 Posts