National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've gotten a bunch of emails on my little cobra. All I hear is "I don't have my CWP, is that a problem?" It's either that or an FFL, says so in my ad. So then there's this guy. Conversation starts at the bottom.

Him: Or maybe stop being such a dick head I got mine. Just not with me.

Me:This isn't going to work, sorry. Get your CWP, and you canbuy what you want.
HimI can get my dad to come with me he has his on him I work with himbut I don’t want to sign anything on his name because it’sgonna be in mine ,Â
Me:No, I've got to see it, sorry.

Him:I don’t have my cwp with me can we just use my driverslicense? It’s in my car and my car is in the shopÂ
Me: Where would you like to meet.
Him: Sorry I’m still at work I get off at 5 can I come right after?
Me: I'm available now.

Him:When are you available?
Him: I have my cwp. Where you locatedÂ
Me: Either a CWP of an FFL of your choice.

Him: Where you located cash in handÂ
ME:Yes.

Him?
Stillavailable?

· Registered
8,425 Posts
"I don't have my CWP, is that a problem?"

Yes!

*End of discussion*

Why? Not needed in FL for a FTF sale; see FL DL, ask if they're prohibited, take cash, smile shake hands and go your separate ways - just like selling a lawn mower

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know. The only requirement is you both live in Florida, no paperwork required. But, I'd end up selling to an idiot like this. This is why I hate selling privately. I'll either keep it or pawn it. The CM40 was my bedside gun. Now it's gone, if I sell the 32, I'm down to the 22/45. The G2C lives under my table next to my chair, the P380 lives in my pocket, the Rg23 lives in my chair out in the Florida room. Running out of guns!

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,180 Posts
Why? Not needed in FL for a FTF sale; see FL DL, ask if they're prohibited, take cash, smile shake hands and go your separate ways - just like selling a lawn mower
Sigh, we have beat this horse before but nonetheless what's a few more lashings?

Selling a firearm is not the same thing as selling a lawn mower. While the law may state you need nothing more than someones word...is that really good enough?
We as responsible gun owners and stewards of the 2A community have a duty to assure that firearms do not end up the hands of someone they don't belong in.
We do ourselves no favors by allowing that to happen and in fact just give the anti's more ammunition to use against us.
I understand completely what the law says I as a libertarian also understand that we should be free to do as we please without government involvement BUT is taking it upon yourself to do your due diligence to make sure the person you're selling a gun to "selling out to the man" or letting the government run your life? I hardly think so.
Law or no law I think we have a moral obligation to "do the right thing" and make sure the person that we're transacting with is in fact legally allowed to own a weapon.
Remember... an ounce of prevention is worth a pound a cure.

How would you feel is you asked someone if they were prohibited, they answer no and then hours later harmed someone or a group of someones with the firearm you just sold them?

Granted, I am not talking about selling a gun to Joe from your gun club that you've known for years or your cousin Bob. I'm talking specifically about the stranger you met from some internet sales portal that you know absolutely nothing about.

I can assure, if I sell a gun privately. law or no law, it'll go through an FFL and I'll rest a little easier at night knowing I did the right thing, not what the law required of me.

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That kid sent me another email blasting me for being an idiot and this and that. I blocked him. I figure if the person has the CWP, that person has had a background check and is clean. Not his fathers CWP, and if his father was willing to participate in this sham, then I'm sure he would be fine doing a straw purchase for his beloved son. I told one guy the CWP was the only way I could tell he was not a felon, he said he understood. This kid is having a temper tantrum because I won't sell to him.

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
Dude not for nothing...all the fkd up typing is sign of scam. Don't send another email to this person or bot. Stop p/m'ing and report him to Armslist.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Sigh, we have beat this horse before but nonetheless what's a few more lashings?

Selling a firearm is not the same thing as selling a lawn mower. While the law may state you need nothing more than someones word...is that really good enough?
We as responsible gun owners and stewards of the 2A community have a duty to assure that firearms do not end up the hands of someone they don't belong in.
We do ourselves no favors by allowing that to happen and in fact just give the anti's more ammunition to use against us.
I understand completely what the law says I as a libertarian also understand that we should be free to do as we please without government involvement BUT is taking it upon yourself to do your due diligence to make sure the person you're selling a gun to "selling out to the man" or letting the government run your life? I hardly think so.
Law or no law I think we have a moral obligation to "do the right thing" and make sure the person that we're transacting with is in fact legally allowed to own a weapon.

How would you feel is you asked someone if they were prohibited, they answer no and then hours later harmed someone or a group of someones with the firearm you just sold them?

Granted, I am not talking about selling a gun to Joe from your gun club that you've known for years or your cousin Bob. I'm talking specifically about the stranger you met from some internet sales portal that you know absolutely nothing about.

I can assure, if I sell a gun privately. law or no law, it'll go through an FFL and I'll rest a little easier at night knowing I did the right thing, not what the law required of me.
I have had no issues selling guns FTF or even shipping long guns to individuals. To each their own. I always talk to the buyer prior to the sale; one can get a good idea of their character. I see no reason to involve added expense or paperwork when it is not required. Do you sell knives through a FFL? More folks killed with knives and blunt objects like baseball bats than guns.
I

Reactions: Mike Weber

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the Cobra off, not worth dealing with these idiots. The people interested in these cheap pistols are not the same people interested in other stuff. They all have funny names and act like children. I'd rather sell it to a pawn shop for $40, but for now I'll let it hang around.

· Banned
38 Posts
I have used Armslist a number of times and you just have to steel yourself to the reality that no matter how crystal clear you make your selling terms and conditions, on the whole, there are a lot of very stupid people out there who don't bother to read your listing or don't care. I never sell anything to somebody without getting their name and phone number and insisting that they show me their drivers' license to prove in-state residency. I set the location and time and indicate *no exceptions* etc. etc. Funny how people will still try to lowball. I spell out the conditions and people who choose to buy are in agreement with them. I always transact the sale in a very publicly visible parking lot during daylight hours. All this really cuts down on the riff-raff and dishonest buyers.

· Aim true !
14,172 Posts
My add was straight to the point. Price firm and transfer at local ffl with in 20 miles of my area. He was tickled how tight the gun still was. It was to replace his worn out PF9.

· Registered
6,726 Posts

with all due respect.......this is the very foundation of universal background checks.......more expense, a step towards registration, delays, and govt intrusion........check everyone, and everything goes thru an FFL for a background check and a paper trail.

i completely understand not dealing with questionable sources or shady characters.....but being mandated to check everyone.....no.

mercy......it was back in the 90's the brady bill passed.......and it has been less than stellar with the system going down, delays, incomplete records, mistakes......and that is on lawful folks getting denied or delayed......but they sure like to harp about the few felons that fell thru the cracks.

we survived very well before the brady bill with gun transactions on common sense......but the govt and liberals want more......guilty until proven innocent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.