National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22pic1.jpg 22pic2.jpg 22pic3.jpg 22pic4.jpg 22pic5.jpg

Good morning folks. New to the forum. Thanx for letting me post!

I have done some spring cleaning lately and came across this 22LR that I had forgotten I had. Markings should show in the pics pretty well, but they are as such:

Sears (square trademark) Sears Model 80 - Cal. 22LR Only
Made in Canada for Simpsons Sears LTD.
Ser # of TT037384

I don't see any other markings other than the word safe above the Round Grip on the bolt. Safety is operated by pushing this bolt grip in and disengaged by pulling it out.

I have no mags for this gun and I would like to put some rounds through it.

Any ideas from the masses on who would be the manufacturer and where a guy might get some magazines for it?

Thanx in advance! Kevin

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Hello seattlekev greetings from the GREAT WHITE NORTH ! . As far as i can tell there were two makers of this rifle , Marlin and J.C. Higgins , Marlin supplying the bulk of most orders .... and J.C. Higgins taking up the slack in Canada . I have no knowledge of how they designated the serial # but since you have it at least you have a good place to start i hope this helps a little bit .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello seattlekev greetings from the GREAT WHITE NORTH ! . As far as i can tell there were two makers of this rifle , Marlin and J.C. Higgins , Marlin supplying the bulk of most orders .... and J.C. Higgins taking up the slack in Canada . I have no knowledge of how they designated the serial # but since you have it at least you have a good place to start i hope this helps a little bit .
So, In further examination, I do believe that the Model # is 8C, rather than 80. I tried some Savage 64 mags, which will fit in the magazine holder and lock in, but the loading mechanism of the gun will not catch the cartridge to send it up into the barrel.

My search continues!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
8c ? well i guess i was looking in the wrong place ! , yes made in Canada by Cooey .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts