National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sears model 41 DLA. This is the same model as a Marlin 122.

This was actually the first gun given to me, 50 years ago. It's in excellent shape, except for the "auto safety" function. The safety does not automatically reset or "go safe" when the bolt is cycled.

Does anyone have suggestions for fixing or correcting this issue? I'd appreciate any help to keep this fine little rifle performing at its best.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,764 Posts
It is essentially a Marlin Model 101 with the positive safety feature added. It should work just fine the way it is. Remember, your auto safety is no longer auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Popeye it would be the same as a Marlin 122 the only difference between the 101 and 122 are the auto safety and the 101 has a little different bolt but yes very similar LOL I was able to fix it no problem it was as simple as taking the safety out reinstalling a small plunger for lack of better terminology that looked like someone didn't put a n the correct place back in and putting a small clip that was missing back on to hold the safety lever in place now she is good as new and much much cleaner! Can't wait to try it out this weekend

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I figured it out. It was my fault (of course)!

The spring loaded pin (plunger) was inserted "backwards". I originally thought the plunger should "nest" inside the spring I.D., but, this was incorrect. Once I allowed the spring to push on the larger O.D. of the plunger, the small end protruded into the action and everything worked as intended.

Thanks to everyone!
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something to remember

Yes, I figured it out. It was my fault (of course)!

The spring loaded pin (plunger) was inserted "backwards". I originally thought the plunger should "nest" inside the spring I.D., but, this was incorrect. Once I allowed the spring to push on the larger O.D. of the plunger, the small end protruded into the action and everything worked as intended.

Thanks to everyone!
Scott
I have always believed in one thing as an Engineer. To my knowledge no one else has stated, one basic truth that will most likely exist for ever...."I can guarantee you 100% that we have a 50/50% chance that it will work. It will either work, or not." S. Spence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts