National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation:

I zeroed my scope released the turret in order to set turret to zero mark.
After that I'm unable to use the turret as it spins in both directions.
When I use the Allen key to get the required torque it locks in both directions.

Scope: CenterPoint in mils.

Questions:
1. Why the turret is spinning?
2. Is there a fix or I just busted the scope to kingdom come?

Thank You

·
Aim true !
11,598 Posts
Interesting. Never came across that one. Sounds like the adjustment parts are broke.

·
Aim true !
11,598 Posts
You're welcome. I do believe center point scopes have a life time warranty. I don't mess with locking turrets in. They don't move on their own. Also if you need to do a elevation adjustment it's quick to do.

Are you using it on a air gun? If so is it air gun rated? Air guns will wreck scopes not made fir them.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,457 Posts
I don't have any experience with CenterPoint scopes. However I have ran across a scope that turret will spin freely, until you pull out/up on the turret to engage the teeth. When the turret is pulled, the teeth are engaged and you could make adjustments, when the turret was released and returned to resting position, it spun freely. I don't have a clue if your scope operates the same. I'm just throwing this out there.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
I don't have any experience with CenterPoint scopes. However I have ran across a scope that turret will spin freely, until you pull out/up on the turret to engage the teeth. When the turret is pulled, the teeth are engaged and you could make adjustments, when the turret was released and returned to resting position, it spun freely. I don't have a clue if your scope operates the same. I'm just throwing this out there.
That's what I was going to say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome. I do believe center point scopes have a life time warranty. I don't mess with locking turrets in. They don't move on their own. Also if you need to do a elevation adjustment it's quick to do.

Are you using it on a air gun? If so is it air gun rated? Air guns will wreck scopes not made fir them.
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I'm using air gun and I have no idea whether or not is rated.
I have one that to moves the scope towards me in the dovetail whenever I use it. Packs a lot of punch.
BTW, I think I fixed the problem yesterday evening. No idea what I did to tell me it's working now.
Will test it today. Will be back with an update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mad,

Thanks for the reply.
Mind you, before messing with the scope, the scope worked perfectly. The the Genius here came along and screw the scope. I'm a natural Curious George with a tendency to see how things work and how to put them back together.
The turret has a screw on the top fit for an Allen key but messing with it doesn't go back to any visible and useful position.
The saga continues today and will tell what happens when I try to hit the barn from the inside.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
When all else fails, find and read the instructions.

Reactions: Wag
1 - 12 of 12 Posts