National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your take on them? SCCY DVG1 especially. https://www.sccy.com/handguns/dvg/ This pistol looks good on paper though if anyone has one or shot it hows is it? I know the company had some issues with some of their firearms when they first hit the scene. Looks like everything is better now. I know someone who is looking at one, the DVG1 mostly. I don't own one or know to lots on this company.

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Philmo has one as well as a few others. The reviews and experiences are good. Their service has been very responsive and helpful. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up. Just remember that it isn’t a Sig or H&K but it gives a good bang for the buck. Lots of appearance options too!

·
Aim true !
9,998 Posts
My son and i have 9mm's. We have no complaints. He did have his fixed one time. I forget what the issue was. But they were quick in turn around time. And he's been running fine. And he shoots it often.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
295 Posts
Value guns that are bare bones. you get nothing but a gun that shoots.

Not as good of a value as canik Which are inexpensive but tons of tech and extras with advanced materials and coatings.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I had one that went back to the manufacturer twice and to a local gunsmith once in 3 range trips. I’d steer clear. When I sent mine back to the manufacturer the second time, the front frame pin was sticking out the side of the frame. It had worked it’s was loose while I was filming a follow up video. Mine was a special brand of turd. I didn’t even bother test firing it after it came back the second time. The customer service was good, I’ll give them that, however, great customer service won’t mean much to you if it comes apart while you are shooting it. Mine was purchased new 5/18/2019 and was new stock.

·
Aim true !
9,998 Posts
A little blue loc-tite takes care of the wondering pin. I had to do that for my son awhile ago. Put some on mine too. For preventive purposes.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Raven, Boa Jennings, Bryco, SCCY, Hipoint They all fill that budget gun role and work fine

·
Aim true !
9,998 Posts
Sccy has added more models. Noticed when i was looking at my LGS site. Then went to the Sccy web site. He's selling them 218.00 OTD. I don't think that is a bad price these days. He has one left. Yesterday he had 4 or 5 listed.

Reactions: Steyr Man 146

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
295 Posts
Raven, Boa Jennings, Bryco, SCCY, Hipoint They all fill that budget gun role and work fine
I wouldn’t put SCCY in the same sentence as Jennings/Raven. I give them more credit than that, but not by much. They are better built. Anyone who has owned a Raven arms product knows the pot metal they are made of is going to crack if used in any amount - all models. SCCY seem to hold up better.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Cheap is cheap I do not care if SCCY, Hipoint Raven, Jennings TO ME all the same ring of fire guns...That being said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with any of them. If maintained they all will work fine.....I have a Jennings, SCCY and 2 Hi Points Correct ammo and Maintenance is KEY.....

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
295 Posts
Can’t maintain pot metal. Cracks are cracks. Your meme shows an extremist nature to conversation that I’ll be further avoiding.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Can’t maintain pot metal. Cracks are cracks. Your meme shows an extremist nature to conversation that I’ll be further avoiding.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Funny thing about truth huh

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have handled them and like them to that extent. They are a great size for CCW, especially if you have big hands. But I have heard of too many failures with them to trust my life to one. If I had to save money that badly, I would sooner trust a Bersa or a Taurus in a heartbeat, although I don't have either of those. I like to save money, but not on something that is designed to save my life.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
jmf552 nothing finer said careful though.....

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
I don’t see anything here that says it’s cast pot metal. The receiver is machined aluminum 7075 T6 heat treated. Not cast.
B6D1423E-C542-4875-BACD-8209CE7CA6F8.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts