National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Savage 116 FXP3 in 30-06 comes with the scope mounted. A 3.9X all for the price of a bit over $600. Its got the AccuTrigger with a 2.25 letoff. Quite a deal for the money.

Do you own one? Do you think they are worth the money?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there a better deal in the US on a new rifle in 30-06?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baldy said:
If I was in the market for a rifle that would be the one. I might go with the .270cal as around here all we got is hogs, deer, and black bear. Nothing real big. Now out your way it would be a 30-06 for sure. Good luck. :---
I know we have bigger black bear out in the NW and large Elk but you would be surprised how may bring home the bacon with the 30-30 or some other form of lever rifle. Its about the shot and most heavy woods shots are at a short range.

Now if you go over to Eastern Oregon its a whole new ball game. You need a long range shooter and many carry the 300 mag, 270 or 30-06. Its desert out there and the range requires a flat shooter for Antelope. Long-shots are possible up in the NE section of Oregon also, over by the Snake River. Around Portland and the Coast Range you can use about anything that will take deer.

Even the 243 is used often by hunters that want to avoid the harsh recoil of the bigger calibers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts