National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have a savage .243 model 11 or 110(maybe a youth model), bought it from a friend who bought it at a gun show new, he didnt shoot it so i got to put the first bullet through and i dont know how old it is.

but anyway the stock is extremely flimsy, could easily twist the barrel out of if i tried and its a light contour barrel to just add on to the flimsiness, i love the accutrigger though

im debating on selling it and buying a .308 howa hogue 20" bull barrel or buying a new stock for my other rifle

i like the idea of the bull barrel and a little bigger cartridge but dont feel like spending all the money

anyone have any comments about the stock of the howa? or any comments about anything else im having problems with?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a savage and a Howa bull barrel both good shooters. But when shooting prairie dogs my go to is the Howa no real reason just personal preference. you know what u like do that. If it is just the stalk you don't like Boyd's stalks makes a good laminate on for just over $100

·
Registered
124 Posts
Plus nothing wrong with .243 good round for hunting most anything. If I had to pick one cal. It would come down to .243 or .270

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
bull barrels are great for other folks.....just not me as i am not a bench shooter. So i am in the re-stock group........cheaper route too.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Well Deputy, I have a bull barrel on a 10/22 and it is still fun!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Well Deputy, I have a bull barrel on a 10/22 and it is still fun!
lol..........i imagine it is.........but i'm still cheap...........

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I found mine for $85.00 plus shipping :) You may have seen the pictures on here of it after I put it on... The one with the composite stock :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts