National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Live Free
4,513 Posts
My 6.5 Creedmore likes 140+ grain bullets...a lot. It is a Savage, but not an Axis. The only way you will know what your own rifle likes best is by trying a variety of ammo. You could put two Axis rifles through testing and find each is particular towards a specific and different cartridge even though they are made by the same company, are the same model and the same caliber.

· Registered
1,704 Posts
I was told with a 1/8 twist barrel it need to be a longer bullet. Higher grain to be more accurate.
Sometimes, not always.
My 6.5 Creedmore likes 140+ grain bullets...a lot. It is a Savage, but not an Axis. The only way you will know what your own rifle likes best is by trying a variety of ammo. You could put two Axis rifles through testing and find each is particular towards a specific and different cartridge even though they are made by the same company, are the same model and the same caliber.
Absolutely correct. I had an Axis ii in 6.5. Tried every factory amm. The only thing mine would shoot accurate was Federal Fusion. My friend bought one and his liked Hornady Black. In mine it looked more like a shotgun blast.
One of te main reasons we reload is because although a rifle may be acceptably accurate with most factory loads, it will be most accurate with one specific load. You just have to find it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.