National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Seems like a reasonable price, about $100 under MSRP, and it sounds like a good target .22 if you want a semi there. Savage is usually pretty accurate too.

I prefer a bolt gun for target rimfire, but that’s me.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i like bolt too, My 86c is very accurate for me, I can hit clays out to 125 yards with it, And thats with bulk ammo, I tried with my 87c. But it does not have a scope mount or even tapped, Couldn't really see the clay at that distance with the irons.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little update on what im doing before i decide on buying it. I took my 10/22 ,marlin 60 stainless, my 86c and my mossberg 802 out, And did 50 yard grouping, Just a sand bag rest. Tuesday i plan on taking my mossberg lever action, marlin 60 blued and my savage Mark 2 out. And compare them to reviews i find on the A22. I will post a range report post with grouping pics.

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Sounds like a great excuse to do more shooting! Have fun! :thumbsup:

Just a thought for you, consider a CZ 457; they are excellent shooters, and only maybe $100 more at the most, but I have seen them at $420. My CZ 455 shoots MOA at 100 with a Federal Range Pack ammo, even better with good target ammo. They are hard to beat as target guns unless you ante up a lot more money.

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Yes. The 455 combo for $460 is pretty good. The barrels interchange really easy (that is what I have, the 455 is just the earlier model) and they shoot super. Their prices on the 457’s are fair.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll dig deeper then. They are nice looking rifles. And i like they have wood stocks.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll make use of our sponsor's site. Gun deals then.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes going to wait. I checked out the marlin XT 22 reviews too. Gators has a new one for 218 OTD.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have an A22 HB from Walmart. And an A17 heavy sport barrel from Academy. I was so impressed by the A22 I bought the A17 later.
The A22 shot CCI mini-mag hp at less than an inch at 100 yards right out of the box. With a Nikon 3x9 Prostaff Rimfire. A 50 yard scope. At 50, it shoots a ragged hole.
Worth it????
Oh hell yeah!.
They are 2 of my favorites to shoot. I have more than 10 .22lr rifles. And I love my A models. Thinking about an A 22 mag as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well broke down and bought the Savage today. I saw they have a 50.00 rebate on them, Called walmart and asked if they were experiencing delays with NICS. The gal i talked to called NICS while i was on the phone. She got right through, It went right through when i bought the gun too. I'll get a pic up then tomorrow, Want to take it out in the sun.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks i can't wait to see how it does. I'll take my savage Mark 2 bolt along too,

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think you will like it.
I also have a MKII and bedded it with Steel Putty and JB Weld with Hornady case lube as a release agent. Shrunk my groups by half. Sand the plastic or they will not stick to the stock.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still need to compare my mark 2. Monday i probably will. It's a washout here this weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts