National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am about to pick up this rifle and am trying to decide what to do, buy a one piece base-rings or seperate rings to attach to the picatinny rail. The rifle comes with a 0 MOA picatinny rail. I will be shooting 1000 + yards and was thinking of getting a 20 MOA Picatinny rail and rings. If you have the same shooting goals as I do what rings do you use on your rifle or what would you recommend? One piece or rings on a rail. And what brand would you recommend? I鈥檒l be using a Bushnell 4.5-30x50 XRS 11.
Thanks in advance for your help 馃榾
Cheers - Stu

Registered
I think you should go with indivdual low rings and get the scope as close to the barrel as possible. I don't think you can do that with a one piece base. There are to many choices to try to recommend any pictucular one. The rings in the pic on the Bushnell site for that scope look like the way I'd go. If I was doing this I'd use lock tight (blue) on all the mounting screws including the rail.

Registered
As long as it's a quality one piece base ring combo it's all good. That said I run Nightforce 20moa bases and rings on everything except for two custom actions that have built in 20moa rails.

I wouldn't worry about ring height to much as long as it clears the barrel...you have a adjustable cheek piece on the GRS stock.

Registered
As long as it's a quality one piece base ring combo it's all good. That said I run Nightforce 20moa bases and rings on everything except for two custom actions that have built in 20moa rails.

I wouldn't worry about ring height to much as long as it clears the barrel...you have a adjustable cheek piece on the GRS stock.
+1

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I think you should go with indivdual low rings and get the scope as close to the barrel as possible. I don't think you can do that with a one piece base. There are to many choices to try to recommend any pictucular one. The rings in the pic on the Bushnell site for that scope look like the way I'd go. If I was doing this I'd use lock tight (blue) on all the mounting screws including the rail.
Hi Zhills thanks for your reply and advice much appreciated. Cheers - Stu

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks Rivervalley0311 for your feedback, I think I鈥檒l go with the 20MOA rail and rings, probably Nightforce XTR Ultra Lites or Vortex. Cheers - Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts