National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have a Saiga .308 they would be willing to write a review on for me? I have been looking for a good cheap .308 rifle for quite a while. I think the Saiga just might be perfect for me.

So, who has one/has experience with one? Also, what's the price range on them new and used, and the hi-cap mags please.

Thanks, any info is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I sold one on consignment, last month, and the guy who bought it (a friend of mine) called me a couple of days later. Said he loved it and was really happy he bought it. He cycled the first 20 round (?) mag slowly, sighting it in. He said he was only shooting 50 and 100 yds. Said the next 20 was "a bunch of lead and money down range and down the drain in a hurry". Anyway, he put close to 100 rnds through it. Some reloads I had sold him along with 60 rounds of that Cavin Venezuelan stuff. No probs, he's happy, so I'm happy.

How's that for a second-hand range report? And I don't even have to clean the rifle!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thanks.

Honestly I know nothing about them. I guess everything (safety, mag release, ect) is in the same place as an AK? Do many AK accessories fit them? I'm guessing probably not..

if someone even knew a good website I could read about them and could link to it, I woudl appreciate. Everything I've found is just trying to sell them with very little information about the gun itself.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
It is an AK variant, as far as its mechanical make-up. Takes down identically. As far as accessories, I can't say. The stock is quite different too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts