National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Have had my saiga for a few months, Now it's it time to change it. Here below is what i plan to be changing , I Have allready started ording parts and Handguard just showed up.. List follows

Sights CSS SAIGA 12 BOLT ON TACTICAL SIGHT SET
Trigger TRIGGER GROUP-SAIGA/AK-47 SINGLE HOOK G2
Trigger guard TRIGGER GUARD-CAROLINA SAIGA 12 BOLT ON
Hand Guard SAIGA 12 QUAD RAIL
Grip GRIP AK/SAIGA FINGER GROOVE "SCORPION"
Stock RJF RED JACKET FIREARMS SKELETON STOCK
Muzzel Brake TROMIX "MONSTER" BRAKE Barrel will be cut and brake pinned as this is almost 6"
Magazines PROMAG 20 ROUND SAIGA 12 COMPACT DRUM

If you have any suggestions Please feel free to comment, I will be posting updates as build goes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok here it is Takin apart minus trigger system, Which I don't want to removel until i get new trigger in. Did install Quad rail.
Saiga build.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Looks good. The Saiga conversions are pretty easy to do but I never liked that bolt hold open lever spring. Man that thing is a huge paing to install back in lol.
Did you get the cut bolt hold open lever and the axis pin retaining plate? It will make the job go a lot easier and quicker if you do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um no lol, Have been reading on this for a while and did not even here anything about that. I might just order them and get them two day mail to my self if thats the case. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All right it is completely striped and clean. Getting ready to duracoat Bare metal. And hopefully rest of parts show up in the next few day's.

20121102_154832.jpg 20121102_154811.jpg 20121102_154737.jpg 20121102_154852.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Looks like everything is going well. I like the front hand guard, mine has that huge fugkystick hand guard which is a bit large for your hand to grab. Should have went with what you installed and probably will.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you have any photo's of yours?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, the handguard does not look that big in picture thou. I guess id half to hold it to feel if it huge or not.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so the rest of the parts came in, Sent me a barrel shroud instaed of break, installed it i think i like it i might keep this for awhile before getting other one and cutting and pin/weld other one. I did run into a problem, I can not find anywhere on do i cut tab off old receiver to make the new rjf stock go on it looks like it, If someone knows let me know if i can't find someone else that has posted about it i will take alot more photo's of method i use to make it work. Picture in question will be last few posted.

Saiga Problem (2).jpg saiga (3).jpg saiga (2).jpg saiga (1).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the photo of what i think i need to cut, If someone knows please let me know. As only thing i can find from where i bought it is call rjf for questions.
Saiga Problem (4).jpg Saiga Problem (3).jpg Saiga Problem (1).jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok well found a post saying cut it off on another form. So here are photo's of it cut off Just duracoated it after a hour will complete putting it together.

saiga cut (3).jpg saiga cut (2).jpg
saiga cut (1).jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Bolted on stock and handle, It's complete as in ready to fire, But still need to add site's and wait for grip i ordered to come in also, grip installed came with trigger kit.
Saiga complete (1).jpg Saiga complete (2).jpg
Saiga complete (3).jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts