National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,365 Posts
Yeah my LGS still has 38 super on the shelf. I did buy a few boxes from him. I was going to grab more. But i found a pile of 38 super brass. When i was sorting my brass pick ups.

Reactions: Spooky

·
Léitheoir
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah my LGS still has 38 super on the shelf. I did buy a few boxes from him. I was going to grab more. But i found a pile of 38 super brass. When i was sorting my brass pick ups.
So what I’m hearing is my wife needs a new .38 Pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
11,365 Posts
38 super is a nice round. Think of it as a 9mm magnum. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I walked into RK earlier to pick up some dog treats. No ammo behind the counter now, none. About 50 boxes of 12ga shot shells back in the corner that’s it. 20 or so of those are Wolf 9 shot. Walmart has some value packs of 12ga/20ga and some 7mm Rem Mag. That was it. It appears no ammo has come in in the past week or two. What’s hanging out on the shelf is slowly disappearing.

After this shortage is over. Stock deep. Then the next one that comes along. You can enjoy shooting. And laugh at those who did not learn.
This past couple years has been a balance of new guns vs ammo. I’ve stocked probably $2 in ammo for every $1 spent on a gun.

·
Aim true !
11,365 Posts
Our walmart has been getting shot gun and 22 lr in regularly the last 2 weeks. Not large quantities though .They had a lot of turkey loads too. Over by the turkey decoys.

Reactions: Spooky and Philmo11

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Yesterday was only the second time I’ve seen value packs of .22 since April or May. Last time I bought some, I went north to meet a buyer and that Walmart had a 1,400 bucket of .22lr so I bought it.

The next time was a few weeks ago. There were a couple guys beside me in Farm and Home Supply. Two 555rd boxes of Winchester 22 available. I could see them wanting to jump in front but remained patient. Eyes locked on like they were a pair of boobies. I took a step back and decided to let them have it. I had plenty.

Yesterday there were a few in Bass Pro so I grabbed one. Those little boogers go fast out here.

·
Aim true !
11,365 Posts
R.K is getting closer to me. There building one a little over an hour away.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
R.K is getting closer to me. There building one a little over an hour away.
You’ll love that place. You better move further away or you’ll be broke all the time. They recently changed their RKGuns policy. If you order online, they will only ship to an Rural King store. No third party FFLs anymore. It’s because their guns are going out all over the country and they can’t keep them in stock for their store patrons. They were one of the first to stop online sales of ammo for the same reason.

·
Barney
156 Posts
I've been shooting regularly, but I'm rationing my rounds because I can't get primers. But I'm good for now. I have two boxes of "carry rounds," hollow point hard core stuff. As I haven't gotten in a hard core gunfight for longer than I can even remember I'm pretty well stocked in that catagory. But I have a shooting buddy who is buying up 9mm "carry rounds" as fast as he can get them and paying whatever he has to. He is on a dozen wait lists. I have no idea what he thinks is going to happen and how many people he is going to need to gun down to defend himself, but at least a thousand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is crazy. And what’s worse is that it feels fair, because it’s this or nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is not right in any form. The “shortages” are indeed being promulgated by the manufacturers and retailers (I can see NRA grubby paws in this). Check out the Canadian retail site Bullseye North. They have plenty of guns, ammo, and loading supplies (I.e., primers, powder, brass, bullets, etc.) available from all the prime manufacturer. Very suspicious in that they use the same point of service that US retailers use; they have availability but our retailers don’t. The bad news is we, US customers can’t have access to their supplies for shipping the to US. Hence the NRA is protecting the US retailers by blocking Canada sells of US product in US markets and assisting retailers making a gold mine out of phony shortages. Make no mistake. The NRA has been co-opted by corporate suits representing manufacturers and retailers interest, while bilking the gun enthusiasts.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,605 Posts
SanMiguel

Interesting theory. Show me proof.

·
I don't fit in yer fasces
727 Posts
Damn.
If I drove up to Canada could I bring primers back across the border?
Nothing big. Only 5000 or so.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,903 Posts
Pretty simple. Look at the Canadian retailer sites and then look at US retailer sites.
Popeye certainly does not need me to speak for him but when he says "show me proof" he's not speaking to Canadian stock. (which is really no surprise as their firearms market is a fraction of the United States market)

The proof he is speaking of is proving your extremely unsubstantiated claim that the NRA somehow has their hands in the ammo shortage. Make it make sense! How does the NRA benefit from this?

·
Aim true !
11,365 Posts
I often wonder if the dems have stock in gun and ammo co's. And start their ''bans.'' To run profits/stocks up. Kinda like not letting a ''good'' tragic event go to waste.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,605 Posts
Pretty simple. Look at the Canadian retailer sites and then look at US retailer sites.
Its really quite simple. Supply and Demand.
Ya see? There is considerably less demand in Canada and their stock on hand is not depleted like stocks are here in the US.
Very suspicious in that they use the same point of service that US retailers use; they have availability but our retailers don’t. The bad news is we, US customers can’t have access to their supplies for shipping the to US. Hence the NRA is protecting the US retailers by blocking Canada sells of US product in US markets and assisting retailers making a gold mine out of phony shortages. Make no mistake. The NRA has been co-opted by corporate suits representing manufacturers and retailers interest, while bilking the gun enthusiasts.
THIS is what I want proof of.

·
AZHerper
4,126 Posts
Decades ago, when you could still mail order guns, I was a field engineer in Alaska and I ordered a 9mm Star and several boxes of ammo. I was a little disappointed because the 9mm Luger ammo that i received with the gun often failed to fire and I had noticed light strikes on the primers. When I got back to the lower 48 states, I took it to a gunsmith and he just laughed. He said, you're feeding it the wrong ammo. This is chambered for .38 ACP which is a longer cartridge than 9mm Luger. He said, "didn't you notice"? On the frame it says 9mm/.38. So I bought some .38 ACP and it worked fine. These Stars would also chamber .38 Super but the gun wasn't designed for it and it's a much stouter cartridge. I was pretty young at the time and I must admit that I fired a few .38 Supers through it. It held up OK but my better judgement too hold and I quit. I sold the gun to a friend and it worked great with .38 ACP.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts