National Gun Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
A light bulb came on lol. Preps all removes grease oils and wax. My neighbor uses it to clean body parts before he paints. I'll get some from him. Maybe they waxed the SW before i got it.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Still no good. I think there is something in the steel. I thought maybe i got the acid contaminated. So i tried some on a pair of pliers. It worked on them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WOW! I always wondered how much it would cost if u took it to ??? I forgot the place ........but that sounds like maybe it needs a older typ/ different blue ? Hope. U can resolve this.....

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
I'll mess around with it some more then. I'll figure it out. It's a Model 10-5. Or 10-8. I bought 2 at the same time. The one has a bobbed hammer and is D/A only. My son likes to shoot in D/A. So i gave it to him.

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Acetone should remove any and all grease, oils or waxes. I would try that doing 2-3 wipe downs and then try again.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Super blue is the ticket. I was using perma blue. Thought my super blue was empty. I sat it upside down and left it drain into the cap. Got enough to see if it will work. Im going to run out to the store and grab some more.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
I dated mine. It's a 10-8. 1977. The super blue is 9 bucks at walmart. I grabbed some more acetone too. It's still 98 cents. I paid that before the world turned upside down.

·
Registered
646 Posts
OP, Your Model 10 has stories I'd love to read about...a lot of character and history there. I wouldn't pretty it up too much, but I would preserve those grips...might be worth enough to buy another gun! Used silicone spray/lube a bit back in the early 70s...it does cause beading, and I don't like it...went back to Marvel Mystery Oil, and in the last 5 years Lucas Gun Oil.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts