National Gun Forum banner

S&W 3rd. GENERATION

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  shipwreck 
#1 ·
are there any 3rd. generation fans out there? I'm not to fond of plastic guns.

1. 4013 TSW

2. S&W 645, .45 ACP

3, S&W 411, .40 S&W

#3 ·
I've had numerous 1st, 2nd and third generation S&W DA/SA autos. Still have a 6906, very under rated compact carry gun.

#4 ·
I had a S&W 669 back in the mid-80s, it was the first decent S&W auto I ever owned. Think I traded it for a S&W 57 that I liked more.

After carrying a Glock 19 daily for a year in Iraq I transferred to Paraguay for a couple years. Picked up a S&W 4566, the cheapest quality pistol I could find (it cost $800; glocks went for over $1K). After carrying the glock, the S&W felt like a cast iron brick. It was a good range gun, but couldn't see carrying it daily. I sold it to a buddy when I left country.

#8 · (Edited)
I had two Gen II S&W 9mm’s back in the day. My first handgun was a 439 and second was a 669.
i carried both concealed, the 439 was a great carry gun, fit my hand well& went bang every time. The 669 concealed like a heavy brick and I really didn’t shoot it that well so I didn’t own it very long.
I miss them but I’ve moved on to modern firearms although I love my model 13-1 38/.357.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.