National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
16,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late in his life my FIL decided he needed a pistol. He had a Rem Mod 58 he used for duck hunting but wanted something he could keep in his nightstand.

When he died, nobody wanted the pistol, soooooo.....

I'm having a real hard time developing a liking for the little [email protected] #1. It's butt ugly. #2. I don't like the "here I am" Crimson Trace laser sight. #3. The trigger pull is about 2 inches (seems like). and #4. It's butt ugly....

I looked at deactivating the CT, read the disassembly instructions and decided that the ten thumbs that pass for fingers I have lately could not do it and retain all the parts. Besides I didn't want to take the [email protected] thing apart.

The CT must be gripped just right or it won't come on and the trigger has to be pulled the entire length of the trigger guard. I hesitate to even guess what accuracy might be. But for it's intended use, a laser sight (or any sights) are just fluff at the ranges involved for that. I haven't shot it yet.

I have two other 380s, a Colt Mustang and a Sig. I don't enjoy shooting them either. They are really a single purpose firearm and Lord help me if I ever have to use them for that.

Feel free to offer opinions either way. I have no intention of getting rid of it.

Alan

· Super Moderator
16,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, much of my life lately is a contraction of terms.... But, ... I want to find some reason to like the pistol rather than add it to the total tonnage of stuff in the safe that's forgotten about. So, if there's anyone who has actually bought one of the things because they wanted it, maybe they could offer those reasons.

Alan

· Registered
228 Posts
My sister carried a S&W Bodyguard. She bought it without consulting me or one of her sons, and when shown the options out there in .380 and asked why she chose that one, she said it was the salesman's recommendation. She now carries a sweet new Springfield 911 and spend every Monday morning at her club's range with it.

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
Get someone who is NOT all thumbs to disassemble the CT and go shoot it to see if you like it at all.

Otherwise, sounds like a new queen for the safe..............

--Wag--

· Registered
6,726 Posts
i had some trigger time with the early bodyguard 380 with the built-in laser.....

i actually liked it better than an LCP....especially the irons.......but hated that laser.

i guess you could just leave it as is and apply duct tape, nail polish, liquid paper, or whatever to cover that laser lens.....would not matter then if it activated or not....

· Registered
6,726 Posts
or slip a hogue condom grip over the handle....that would probably prevent button activation.

· Super Moderator
16,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been in a quandary. I couldn't find a pistol that looked like mine online. Then a topic jumped up and bit me on the nose. Green laser trigger guard cover.

Yep, that solved the laser problem.

Alan

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.