1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: LRDGCO and gvaldeg1

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She was close to the bottom of my political list.

BUT

She was a supreme court justice and pioneer for woman's rights and a fighter. She was a good role model and proud American. She lived a life we all should aspire to and respect her accomplishments.

May she rest in peace and well wishes and prayers to those she left behind.

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
87 is a long full life....... yeah... My dad always said if you can't find anything nice to say stfu

Reactions: Gunn and Stamps6

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I'll never understand why some people work themselves right into a grave. Well i guess i understand some if you made poor choices and have to but I'm sure she could have retired some time ago and been well off.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was small in stature but an intellectual and legal giant. She was old school and although due to her strong will let her political beliefs be known she separated her personal feelings as was shown with her close friendship with the late Antonin Scalia.

Reactions: Wag

· I don't fit in yer fasces
2,109 Posts
The Dems will be going crazy. Can Trump nominate a new Justice and the Senate confirm them before the election?
There's a "tradition" of not nominating a justice in an election year.
I remember Trump urging the Senate not to confirm Obama nominees in 2016.
The commies will scream bloody murder if Trump pushes through another justice before November. Then again, I'm not sure anyone would notice.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll never understand why some people work themselves right into a grave. Well i guess i understand some if you made poor choices and have to but I'm sure she could have retired some time ago and been well off.
Not many people have the drive to achieve what she has. Individuals such as myself do not have what it takes to get as far as she did. So I don't understand why she didn't just retire and just enjoy the rest of her life. It just wasn't in her to quit I guess. Who am I to tell someone how to run their life for all I know she truly enjoyed what she was doing and as they say enjoyed it more than life itself. Find something you love to do and never work a day in your life.

I just had a conversation today with a guy at work. He's retired military and has some ailments and he is eligable to retire in about two and a half years. I encourage him to retire when he can and enjoy his life and we talk about that all the time. He's planning on retiring ASAP. We also talk about an old supervisor who was forced to retire due to unknown medical conditions. As far as we know he's still kicking but when he was working a few would joke that he would die on the job.

Need I say it -- LIFE IS SHORT

I committed to work overtime tomorrow to help out and put some ammo money in my pocket. There's also a big gun show tomorrow. I feel the need to visit with my grand kids. Luckily I have dinner plans with my Daughter Sunday.

Reactions: Wag

· Registered
18,066 Posts
“Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: ‘My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.'”

It's not up to you now.

· Jesus Saves
8,682 Posts
I retired about 3 years ago. I did nothing for 1 year then got a part time job because I was going crazy not working. I work about 25 hours per week; hate getting up to go but once I’m there, all is good.

For some, keeping busy through work is in fact “life”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
320 Posts
As the OP points out, perhaps we should not celebrate her death. Celebrating the death of political opponents is what liberals do and we don't want to sink to their levels.
Nevertheless I will say that now that RBG has gone to be with Marty, Trump can appoint another SCJ and hopefully it will be a good one like his last two picks.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I retired about 3 years ago. I did nothing for 1 year then got a part time job because I was going crazy not working. I work about 25 hours per week; hate getting up to go but once I’m there, all is good.

For some, keeping busy through work is in fact “life”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I talked to this other guy retiring who's wife demanded he get a job (Long story). He was a gun nut and I recommended he try to find a gun shop or a range that needed help. Going to a job that theoretically he would enjoy doing.

· Banned
205 Posts
There's a "tradition" of not nominating a justice in an election year.
I remember Trump urging the Senate not to confirm Obama nominees in 2016.
The commies will scream bloody murder if Trump pushes through another justice before November. Then again, I'm not sure anyone would notice.
Yes "we" will. "We" = liberal Democratic voters.
😠

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.