National Gun Forum banner

Rush Limbaugh fans?

3K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  zipperzap 
#1 ·
Any Rush atics in here?

G
#2 ·
I listen to Rush from time to time, although his views are a bit far right sometimes. I think that he is intelligent, articulate and slants the facts to suit his purposes. So do the far left. Alls fair in love and war.
I think that anyone who is interested in the truth needs to listen to people like Rush. Even if I don't agree I respect his right to tell it like he thinks it is.

#4 ·
I don't get a chance to listen to him as much as I used to but I agree with him most of the time.

I believe he lives down in your neighborhood somewhere. West Palm maybe!

I like to listen to Michael Savage go crazy sometimes, he gets so irate and angry that the radio smokes! Funny but I do think he has a big group of folks who listen to him also. Wife can't stand any of the talk show folks! She did radio and TV up here back in the 1980's and is a bit burned out on the whole game!

#6 ·
I don't always agree with Rush, but it tends to be more of degrees of disagreement than outright disagreement. Rush is a hardcore capitalist and is actually a true conservative in the Bill Bucley/Ronald Reagan mode. Rush has never called himself a reporter or a journalist, he calls himself a commentator or an entertainer, he's honest....the morons on the left all think they're the only experts out there.

I've met Rush twice, he's a nice person,,,I also really like Ann Coulter....but she could use a few more combination plates for that figure of hers...

G
#8 ·
I used to be. I taped his TV show because I worked nights, I listened to him every chance I could, then when I had a field job, I would make my liberal manager listen to him when he came down. I read his first two books.

As a conservatarian, I stopped listening to him when he admitted to being an illegal drug user. I don't fault someone for doing drugs, that is their choice. I do fault him for being a lying hypocrite calling for stiffer sentences for drug users. He always played so self righteous about illegal drugs, just to end up being a pure hypocrite.

That, and his hypocritical support of GWB, which was worse, was just too much. The man I had admired so much, betrayed me.

If people like Rush,especially Rush, had held republican feet to the fire over their big government growth and out of control spending, the republicans might have returned to their conservative roots, and we would not have a democrat congress right now. Rush gave the republicans a pass because it was politics and party over conservative principle. When Rush turned away from conservatism, and to the republican party, too many people who are unable to think clearly for themselves went with him, and instead of protesting loud and clear, they blindly supported the new liberal republican party, and gave US a democrat controlled congress.

I felt he should have been prosecuted for possession with intent to distribute.

G
#10 ·
Tareeka Babooga said:
I used to be. I taped his TV show because I worked nights, I listened to him every chance I could, then when I had a field job, I would make my liberal manager listen to him when he came down. I read his first two books.

As a conservatarian, I stopped listening to him when he admitted to being an illegal drug user. I don't fault someone for doing drugs, that is their choice. I do fault him for being a lying hypocrite calling for stiffer sentences for drug users. He always played so self righteous about illegal drugs, just to end up being a pure hypocrite.

That, and his hypocritical support of GWB, which was worse, was just too much. The man I had admired so much, betrayed me.

If people like Rush,especially Rush, had held republican feet to the fire over their big government growth and out of control spending, the republicans might have returned to their conservative roots, and we would not have a democrat congress right now. Rush gave the republicans a pass because it was politics and party over conservative principle. When Rush turned away from conservatism, and to the republican party, too many people who are unable to think clearly for themselves went with him, and instead of protesting loud and clear, they blindly supported the new liberal republican party, and gave US a democrat controlled congress.

I felt he should have been prosecuted for possession with intent to distribute.[/quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following a series of surgeries for advanced osteo arthritis, resulting in finally removing as much bone as possible and all discs and replacing with titanium cages and rods I have an insight in severe, chronic pain.
I was advised up front that I would become addicted to oxycodone. It is said to be the most addictive of pain management drugs.
Fortunately my surgeries were done in a facility that treats the whole person and managed withdrawal was part of my post op therapy, along with NA meetings 3x week.
(one has to consciously admit their drug addiction)
I credit Rush with educating the public and medical community of the after effects of prolonged oxycodone usage.
I am biracial, European and Choctaw. In the native American tradition, one does not pass judgement until they've walked a mile in your moccasins.

G
#12 ·
I think Rush is intelligent and funny, but I have a hard time taking him seriously after the drug thing. I don't need to walk a mile in his moccasins to recognize a hypocrite when I hear one. It's a bit much for a drug addict to rail on about how we need the death penalty for dope peddlers. :roll:

#13 ·
Mike Barham said:
It's a bit much for a drug addict to rail on about how we need the death penalty for dope peddlers. :roll:
I think there is a big difference between someone who sells drugs, and someone who becomes addicted to painkillers because of a medical situation that caused him to be in constant pain! He was not buying the hydrocodone to sell to kids - nor was he sniffing cocaine in the men's room - he was trying to alleviate his suffering. I do not think that warrants a death sentence!!!! However, those that KNOWINGLY sell drugs to vulnerable people, with the full awareness that it will lead to the deterioration of their health and well-being, do deserve to be removed from society..........

G
#14 ·
Anyone who uses any drug can come up with a reason. The FACT is that when Rush got his drugs on the street, they were illegal.

The drugs he was addicted to are some of the most common and sought after street drugs. The THOUSANDS of dollars he pumped into the drug black market empowered the pushers to have more money to buy product to sell to kids. Rush enabled drug pushers with his massive business.

It's a matter of fact, shortly after 9-11, the Bush admin started pushing the idea that terrorists profited from the illegal drug trade and buying illegal drugs profited terrorist groups. According to Bush, Rush was a terrorist enabler too.

I guess the ditto heads will say Rush was doing it for the kids. He knew every drug he would eat, was one less drug on the street.

Yeah, that's it, Rush was using illegal drugs for the good of others. :roll:

G
#15 ·
I agree with Ninesey - for one, and one reason, only!

... she's SO much prettier than most - probably ALL
of you PugUglies (present company, included, may
I add) I find it impossible to miss the opportunity to
make some 'suck up points!'

I do enjoy a lady's touch around a forums with such
unrefined (ha ha ha) men's men!

(How many 'points' was that worth, Ninesey!??)
:D :D :D

G
#18 ·
Funny World I say,Rush was/is addicted to pain killers and well everyone understands,well gee that is understandable,he's worth millions and was in pain.

But "many of us ordinary people" who became addicted to morphine,the first time the Medic put two shots in us.Then three weeks in Japan,on a constant morphine regiment,before going State side are/was a drug addicted criminal once back on the street.But Justice is blind vary blind.

G
#20 ·
zipperzap said:
I agree with Ninesey - for one, and one reason, only!

... she's SO much prettier than most - probably ALL
of you PugUglies (present company, included, may
I add) I find it impossible to miss the opportunity to
make some 'suck up points!'

I do enjoy a lady's touch around a forums with such
unrefined (ha ha ha) men's men!

(How many 'points' was that worth, Ninesey!??)
:D :D :D
If you have not already figured it out, she will use you until the world ends. But when the time comes to "put out, or shut up", you will be left alone with fisteena and a can of vaseline.

It is sad that so many little boys allow themselves to be manipulated in the hopes of scoring, but never seem to get the payoff. Someday, when you are a big boy, wearing big boy britches, you will understand better.

As Robert Plant phrased it...... "she's just a woman".

BTW, Rush Limbaugh counts on the same ignorance.

G
#21 ·
f you have not already figured it out, she will use you until the world ends.
What an EXCELLENT IDEA!

.... I'm such a wh*re when it comes to a pretty woman!

The Nazi interrogators would have to had ground down my teeth before
I talked .... I'd answer to any pretty Matahari - in a second!

I admit it!
:cool:

G
#22 ·
SheNine said:
Mike Barham said:
It's a bit much for a drug addict to rail on about how we need the death penalty for dope peddlers. :roll:
I think there is a big difference between someone who sells drugs, and someone who becomes addicted to painkillers because of a medical situation that caused him to be in constant pain! He was not buying the hydrocodone to sell to kids - nor was he sniffing cocaine in the men's room - he was trying to alleviate his suffering. I do not think that warrants a death sentence!!!! However, those that KNOWINGLY sell drugs to vulnerable people, with the full awareness that it will lead to the deterioration of their health and well-being, do deserve to be removed from society..........
It is the drug user who keeps the drug pusher in business. Look, I think all drugs should be legal (for adults). It is, after all, your body and therefore your business what you put into it, poison or otherwise. And removing the black market profit from drug dealing would eliminate most of the related crime that goes with it.

But how can you say that a guy who is illegally purchasing and using prescription opiates is any different from the guy who buys it from the heroin dealer on the corner? The only difference is the first guy retains a veneer of white-collar respectability while he commits his crime, while the latter wallows in a more honest kind of filth. I don't see how there is a moral difference.

Anyway, the drug pusher is only working within the laws of supply and demand. Without the demand created by the addict, there is no pusher.

G
#23 ·
I don't listen to that muck talk radio. Rush just does too much babbling, if you listen to him for 15 minutes, then you have heard his entire program. He just repeats himself and babbles...
I do listen to Bill O'Reilly now and then. But even the "O'Reilly factor" can get on my nerves at times.....

#24 ·
Tareeka Babooga said:
If you have not already figured it out, she will use you until the world ends. But when the time comes to "put out, or shut up", you will be left alone with fisteena and a can of vaseline.

It is sad that so many little boys allow themselves to be manipulated in the hopes of scoring, but never seem to get the payoff. Someday, when you are a big boy, wearing big boy britches, you will understand better.

This is not one of those "woman are evil psycho-b!tches and men are superior" kinds of forum! Don't generalise about woman, and certainly don't attempt to judge me!

#25 ·
Tareeka Babooga said:
zipperzap said:

BTW, Rush Limbaugh counts on the same ignorance.

We love your opinions and your insight about Rush. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions!

Be careful in making references to a "member" of the forum, its important that we respect each other and not use personal feelings or issues and direct them at each other. This is not the way the owners and the moderators of NGF wish to go. I know we all have seen the arguments and heated discussions on the other forums that we have spent many hours on previously. Lets agree to all be good friends here, just state our opinions, answer questions but work hard to avoid any comments that will offend others or reflect badly upon ourselves.

The references above are a bit over the top and I think it might be in your best interest to keep on topic! Thanks.

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.