National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My browser (Firefox, v. 47.0.1) running under Windows 10, keeps freezing up here lately, and telling me that flash has crashed. And asking, do I want to send a crash report? Which of course I do.

I've found that the best websites on the web don't use flash because of freezes and crashes. It would be nice if flash would not be used here.

Although, lots of advertising runs on flash, maybe we all need to suffer for the greater good...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I get those annoying crashes too that lock up my browser. I close the offending page but sometimes it locks up so bad I have to restart Firefox to close it.

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Hi guys,

Flash is not being supported by most browsers any more so in order to keep that from crashing it is recommended that you update your Flash plugin. I had a similar issue happen with my Firefox and found that updating that helped out quite a bit.

~Sheena

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My flash driver is version 22.0.0.209, which is current. However, Firefox is running it in 'protected mode', in order to prevent flash malware attacks. Firefox admits that the protection can cause flash to freeze the computer or crash the flash. So my option would be to expose myself to malicious programming in order to not crash when I visit here. This is not an attractive tradeoff.

Reactions: fixitfred

·
Administrator
399 Posts
You can look into the extensions that firefox has for flash related issues.

They have a lot.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
11,355 Posts
Always keep Flash updated: Sounds like you're doing that.

When using FireFox, use the Noscript plugin and limit all websites to the bare minimum they need to run correctly. I keep everything locked down as much as possible on all sites.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have found many of the Adobe Flash updates do not work correctly or fail on installation. But I did find this. At the bottom of the page (it is Adobe by the way) there are 2 links for the NPAPI (Firefox) and PPAPI (Chrome & Opera). Install the one needed for your browser. They are a complete file and will need to be downloaded then installed with the browser closed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

You can verify your version here. I strongly urge everyone to change to "Notify me to install updates" rather than automatically update. Check at installation time.
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
I abandoned Firefox a long time ago, it's too "fat". Google Chrome is light on resources and runs better and faster.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts