National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The “Help Me Clean Up My Gunroom” Forum

This forum is provided for the convenience of National Gun Forum members. The thinking involved in setting this forum up is that we all have “stuff” that’s lying around, taking up space, and gathering dust that will likely never be used. BUT it’s too good to throw away.

SOMEONE wants that stuff and would put it to good use.

Here’s how this forum works:

1. (First, the legal stuff) Any and all agreements made on or by way of this forum are between the parties involved, only. National Gun Forum, its owners, employees, and staff (hereinafter collectively "NGF") is merely the bulletin board for everyone’s convenience. NGF has no interest in, is not party to, and makes no express or implied warranty regarding the agreements being made nor items being transferred. Any and all agreements remain between the party giving the item away (the transferor) and the party receiving the item (the transferee). All participants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless NGF in the event of suit. By participating in this forum, you agree to abide with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the shipping of any hazardous materials, such as primers or powder. See rule below concerning excluded items.

2. It is the responsibility of the transferor to determine the cost of shipping and insurance (if applicable), and that of the transferee to provide an address so the transferor can do so. The transferee (the guy getting the goodies) will send payment quickly.

3. Make sure you use the item you receive, don’t resell it.

4. Any item can be given away as long as it is legal to do so. Also, to keep things simple, no firearms or loaded ammunition.

5. Reloading components are allowed with the exception of primers of any type, black powder or smokeless powder.

6. If you give something away, ship it in a timely fashion.

7. If you are the recipient, no arguing or complaining about what you got. It was given in good faith and was free (except for your shipping).

8. The idea of "Clean Up Your Gunroom Forum" is that it works both ways...don’t continually take without also making an effort to give.

9. In order to conserve bandwidth, persue your discussion about the item in emails between yourselves. In other words, start your deal here, then continue it on your own email space instead of wasting forum resources.

10. YOU MUST BE EITHER A PAID MEMBER OF NGF OR HAVE NOT LESS THAN 75 SUBSTANTIVE POSTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FORUM. POSTS BY MEMBERS WHO DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.

11. FINALLY...this is only ONLY only for gun-, shooting- and reloading-related stuff. Don't post your old volley balls or used speedos. Thanks!

So here's an example:

Gunrnr posts on the forum: “I have a handle for an RCBS reloading press if anyone needs it. It’s the straight kind that goes to an RCBS Jr”

BangBang responds: “I could use that. I’ll PM you with my email address.”

…And off they go to their own email accounts to make sure that the handle is the one BB thinks it is and, if so, that Gunrnr has all the info he needs to ship the part to BB. GR tells BB that the handle has a little rust on it and BB says, “no sweat”.

NOW…Gunrnr and BangBang have done business before and have a relationship of trust. Gunrnr doesn’t have a scale and isn’t bright enough to know about Flat Rate Boxes, so he’s not going to know how much it’s going to cost until he boxes it up and stands in line at the post office or UPS or whatever. He then learns the price, sends the item and then emails BB. BB promptly sends GR a check to reimburse him for the shipping

OR…
Gunrnr and BangBang don’t know each other from Adam and Gunrnr’s next meal depends on the $12.00 or so that shipping would cost. THEN, GR needs to determine the exact amount it’s going to cost to ship, then email BB. BB will send a money order or whatever, so GR doesn’t have to worry about reimbursement. THAT PART IS BETWEEN THE MEMBERS INVOLVED.

Once received,
BB is thrilled to tears with the handle, names his firstborn after GR and life is good. BB posts a public “Thank You, Gunrnr, You are My HERO!” and GR humbly accepts the glowing praise.

OR…
BB receives the handle, which is a rusty piece of junk not suited even for clubbing baby seals. He spent $12.00 on shipping which is $11.98 more than the part is worth. He’s POed.

TOUGH LUCK!
Unless Gunrnr blatantly misrepresented the item, hey, that’s life in the Big City. The handle looked OK to Gunrnr. But he’s old and his eyesight sucks so he only saw a tiny bit of surface rust, and anyway, he wouldn’t have gone through the whole routine if he had known the handle was just a rusty piece of metal. BangBang sits back and says to himself, “Damn, Dude, buy some glasses”. Chalks up his $12.00 loss to experience and names his mentally impaired pet rat after GR, instead.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? BangBang and Gunrnr will listen. There is no guaranty that we will follow them.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll talk...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Popeye and Gunrnr dealing in Speedos. :yikes1: Where's the brain bleach when I need it????

·
Registered
331 Posts
Believe me, I'm thankful!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

~OR~

·
5,082 Posts
Well....this sounds like it could be a good thing for people unloading their rusty handles and such....

I guess it has my approval.....only a couple of comments...

1st...Yes, of course I'm P O'd at not bein first to crack a "speedo " remark...
so much so....I'm lookin for a camera while you read this...watch out :yikes1:

2nd No matter what the context or example....when I read a document
that has the words side by side " gunrnr humble ".....I dont know if I
can believe any of it.......:rolleyes:

:biggrin5:

G

·
Do I really have to have 75 posts to give something away?

I understand the reason for 75 posts to sell but to give? Can not compute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.