National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about this new 9mm?

Did Ruger get it right this time? Sure looks and feels nice. Not nearly as blocky as their last couple of series 9mms.

Are they hot to trot after Glock and the Springfield HD?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I imagine some crafty gunsmith will make a fortune finding a solution to that problem.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
LOL, Sig -- lots of gunsmiths must've made lots'a dough over the years working on Ruger triggers! I love Rugers, but their triggers generally suck, right out of the box.

I'm hearing pro and con from others about the SR9. I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet to form my own opinion.

G

·
+1 on those sucking Ruger triggers. I've finally sold all of my Rugers because I couldn't hit anything with them. You've got to go some to get considerably worse than a Glock. Fortunately there's a fix for the Glock. Get a Glock trigger job or, like I did, traded it for a Kimber. :)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whompuss said:
+1 on those sucking Ruger triggers. I've finally sold all of my Rugers because I couldn't hit anything with them. You've got to go some to get considerably worse than a Glock. Fortunately there's a fix for the Glock. Get a Glock trigger job or, like I did, traded it for a Kimber. :)
The single action Rugers have decent triggers. I think they are lawsuite gunshy and have set all their triggers to require a stiff pull to prevent accidents.

The Glock fix with the 3.5 connector or a spring change makes a big change for the positive.
People say they can't tell the difference. Ha! I changed out the connector on both my model 17 and model 32 and had my shooting buddys model 17 and compared my model 17 to his and there is a major difference in trigger pull. You do have to lube the new connector and work it a few times before you get the full effect. It will resent quicker, and the pull is about 1.5 lb less. Worth the $15 cost of the connector and easy to do yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts