National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've put over 300 rounds through my new SR9c and I've had a few serious jams over the past 2 weeks since I bought it. Is this a big problem with Ruger? Maybe I should try different ammo? I've only been shooting at the range for about 3 months now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Joe

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Ammo can definetly play a role in jams and failure to feed/fire/eject. Also, "limp wristing" can play a part also. Be sure your stance and grip are firm and maybe try some different positions. I guess it is possible there is a problem with the firearm itself but I would try the above mentioned before you give up in it. If you are using the TV show "teacup grip" then quit doing that and lookup and study the proper grip for firing a semi-auto.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Ammo can definetly play a role in jams and failure to feed/fire/eject. Also, "limp wristing" can play a part also. Be sure your stance and grip are firm and maybe try some different positions. I guess it is possible there is a problem with the firearm itself but I would try the above mentioned before you give up in it. If you are using the TV show "teacup grip" then quit doing that and lookup and study the proper grip for firing a semi-auto.
Good advice. Try different ammo and a different or more firm grip before sending it off to be looked at.
My personal guess, ammo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hippy. I did take a NRA basic pistol course so I understand not to use the tea cup grip. I'll definitely try some different stances and ammo. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Your welcome. I would try several types of ammo. I have a Ruger P345 that liked Federal, Winchester, Hornady but had failures with Blazer for the first 300-400 rounds. Now it consumes anything I give it. My Para Ordinance .45 acp will eat anything I feed it. Also for some reason, I find myself limp wristing the P345 at times and that definetly will cause problems. Good luck and congrats on taking the NRA course---- really good instruction!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not trying to be a smart arse, but your problems are why I have revolvers. Shoot anything, limp wrist doesn't matter . OK I do have one semi auto. It's a little 22 that I would never use for SD anyway.
Hope you get things worked out

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
I just thought of something else. Why just now I don`t know but Rugers like a good oiling on the slide rails to function properly. I have had several over the years and they like oil on the rails. Maybe check that and keep shooting, she will loosen up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts