National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have not heard much about this pistol for a while. Its a nice looking addition to Rugers lineup. I know they had a recall on it but it looks like a big winner. Nice lines and the grip looks to be comfortable.

Any one have experience with this pistol? Have any problems? And............how does it shoot?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What makes the Springfield XD a more popular pistol than the Ruger. I think the Ruger looks a lot cleaner. Slim, streamlinned..............but will it shoot?

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
all that slimness and smoothness is a negative ( in my opinion ) when it come to recoil control... I like an aggressive grip that wont move around and cause me to use more muscle grip than I would need with an aggressive grip... if you are shooting for a few hours your grip will easily become fatigued.. and if you sweat, it only makes things worse.

MY EDC has aggressive grips, but it also has very aggressive serrations front are rear of the grip and even under the trigger gauard all in an effort to make the weapon more accurate to the shooter... MY EDC could not have been more perfectly engineered.. its the reason I can shoot 4 inch groups at 21 feet with a short barrel 1911 45 acp

i-M4jDMsG-L.jpg

i-9tLQ9SB-L.jpg

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Thank you... for the kind words, its my bucket list gun.... and on that note... I like to show photographs to illustrate my reasons for having a certain opinion... photos bring opinion to life...
One reason why people are not happy with the accuracy of their weapon is because when you have to grip your weapon too tightly, is cuts off blood flow in the hand , causing fatigue and poor hold discipline...this gun is extremely accurate, because the total package is there, I could not have designed a more perfect carry gun myself... right down to the " carry melt " hand work and polishing to blend off any sharp corners to effect a more positive, confident and repeatable draw without fear of snag.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have the OD Green SR9 and the Viridian green with the OD color match laser.Its an excellent home defense and target shooting set up.
the laser is great for a home defense but,the laser could discharge by accident easily if carried in a holster.Have had this setup for quite a few years,and both have been very reliable.Wont need to shoot an intruder as the bright green pulsing light will blind them.
I also have the SR9C which will also take my larger SR9 mags,and is a excellent CCW for me,also shoots like a dream.

I am eyeballing the SR45 also...

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
i like the ruger SR9............but there is one particular thing that concerns me.............the general lack of acceptance in LEO work and the lack of duty holsters from many makers.

Ruger has sort of always been an after-thought in the auto dept in LEO service.......they do not pursue the LEO market actively it would seem. But at least a few agencies and especially individual officers did adopt the old P series..............not really seeing it with the SR9 series.

nope, i won't jump off a bridge if everyone else does.......that is evident as i don't own a glock, xd, 1911, etc, etc..............but i do pay attention to weapons issued depts and what individual officers carry...........wide-spread usage generally reflects on several factors........"acceptance" or "rejection" comes to mind....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts