National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s finally here. I was a little worried when I bought this thing because the original pictures, it was filthy and difficult to see the condition.

I got all but the chambers and barrel cleaned up (lot of carbon residue and buildup). By the look of it, hadn’t seen many cleanings. It’s near perfect. Wood grips.

Ruger’s Redhawk serial number history puts it as built in 1982. Enough blabbing… pictures…
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Attachments

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet 44. I love my SBH. The redhawk is D/A S/A I think.
That it is. I just don’t care for the extended frame on the newer Super Redhawk so I was on the hunt for a Redhawk 44. I wanted one but not for the price they were selling for new. This one MSRPs at $1339. A bunch showed up on Gunbroker. I threw lowballs on all of them. I won this one at $755+$30 shipping+$65 tax/fees.

I took Nic out on the porch and we just fired off the last 10rds from a box of Armscor 44 mag. No knuckle busting 😁. Pleasant to shoot. Long trigger pull in DA but smooth. Very good find.

And I didn’t forget to clean the trigger, that was some kind of weird reflection 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Flitz works really good to remove carbon from the cylinder face and forcing cone area on stainless guns.
I used Remington shotgun action cleaner. Has acetone in it. Dries up quickly though. I’ve seen it destroy some gun finishes. I use it on stainless only and a brass brush for the tough spots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts