National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that I have seen a drop in people coming in looking for the Ruger SR9. Since the recall people have yet to have confidence in the Ruger company. I don't believe I have lost confidence in the Ruger company.

How do you guys feel?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
So far as the company I still like their guns. Everyone turns out a lemon once in awhile. Their enginering got a little off base on that one and they are trying to make it right. I would never buy one but they got plenty of others that I would buy in a heart beat. :biggrin5:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
It is certainly a nice looking semi-auto, and feels nice in the hand. Quite different from the big honkin, heavy, ugly autos that they have put together in the past. I had high hopes for the SR-9. Maybe they got into too big of a hurry to get it out to the stores before making sure the nuts and bolts were all tight.

Give them a chance they will make it right and it will be Ruger reliable when its corrected.

G

·
I don't think that I would buy an SR9 anytime soon, but I would buy an LCP if my local shop ever gets one in. I like my KelTec, but I could always use one more pocket gun. I haven't lost faith in the company, but I would like to see the company have a written warranty. In a year or so, I would pick up an SR9, after all of the bugs are worked out.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ruger SR-9

I've had the opportunity to handle 3 of the earlier SR-9s, at the shop where I work.
I like the concept - but didn't Kel-Tec do this already with some smallish 9mm platforms? I guess there's enough room in the market place for both.
I'm thinking that once the smoke clears and the dust settles, the SR-9 will comeback, but probably with less force than it did initially.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ruger is a good company.

That said, I have no use for the "Sara Brady" Rugers!!!
I'll keep my "P" series guns, thank you very much!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts