National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the Ruger LCP

I am hoping to get one in the store so I can have a good look and possibly shoot one.

Hard to come by!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
It's a Kel Tec P3-AT with a slide catch and a different extractor, so it's a danged good little (underline little) pistol. I sure like mine (Kel Tec, not Ruger), especially with warm weather here -- 11.3 ounces fully loaded -- good. Several of the other members have been raving about theirs, as well. I haven't heard a report about the actual Ruger model, though.

I just bought a Kel Tec P-40 that should be here this week, so I'll have to decide whether it or the .380 will be my summer carry. It's a little heavier but a hell of a lot harder hitting. We'll see.

The Rugers are getting mostly good reviews, though. As long as folks view them for the task for which they are designed, they'll be fine. We're talking about a face-to-face, SHTF pistol. If someone gets one and thinks he's going shoot National Match, he may be a bit disappointed.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I agree, Clip, but Ruger doesn't actually manufacture the LCP; it does make the SR-9 in its own facility. Kel Tec already went through a recall of P3-ATs a couple of yrs ago -- hopefully the kinks have been worked out, unless the differences that they engineered into the Ruger version were not fully tested (which seems unlikely, but who knows?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it is a great little carry gun. I got one last week. My wife liked it so much, she got the next one the dealer got in. I like it. The jury is still out with her. We went to the range on Saturday. I put about 100 rounds through mine with no problems. Quite accurate at about 15 feet. She put 6 rounds through hers and it started hanging up and wouldn't go into battery. Couldn't pull the slide back and had to take it apart to get the round out. Tried again and the same thing happened. I tried her gun with my magazine and still no go. Took the ammo and it went through my gun without a hitch. She called Ruger today, but didn't get a return call and will call them again tomorrow. I took both guns apart and compared the various pieces, but there wasn't any obvious difference.

We had a Keltec in 32, but neither of us liked the feel or fit in our hand. We didn't have any mechanical problems with it. Just didn't like the feel. The LCP feels a lot different and more comfortable.

G

·
I got two of them for list price $295, the wholesale price is $229. I've seen them going for way over $300 on the auctions. It's essentially a KelTech with a nicer finish. No way I'd pay the scalper price for one. Wait around and they'll come down when supply and demand reaches the level. Folks paying $350 are getting ripped off IMHO.

Travis:
I want you to make a covert holster like the one Haugen sells for $89. I sent you e mail pix. I'll buy two since I have two Ruger LCPs. Looks exactly like a Blackberry holster. Listen up Travis, I WANNA MAKE YOU RICH AND FAMOUS, 'cause I don't know any rich and famous people so you can be my first.

Haugen sells these for $89, You can make one better for cheeper :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
cruzerbotz said:
I think it is a great little carry gun. I got one last week. My wife liked it so much, she got the next one the dealer got in. I like it. The jury is still out with her. We went to the range on Saturday. I put about 100 rounds through mine with no problems. Quite accurate at about 15 feet. She put 6 rounds through hers and it started hanging up and wouldn't go into battery. Couldn't pull the slide back and had to take it apart to get the round out. Tried again and the same thing happened. I tried her gun with my magazine and still no go. Took the ammo and it went through my gun without a hitch. She called Ruger today, but didn't get a return call and will call them again tomorrow. I took both guns apart and compared the various pieces, but there wasn't any obvious difference.

We had a Keltec in 32, but neither of us liked the feel or fit in our hand. We didn't have any mechanical problems with it. Just didn't like the feel. The LCP feels a lot different and more comfortable.
sometimes even a good gun needs a little break in. I will keep an ear out for anymore bad reports on the LCP because Im thinking of getting one also. I've seen many new guns jam up at the gun range and Ive helped the owners tear the gun down and clean it mostly to get off all the excess oil manufacturers use to preserve the pistol while on the shelf. The guns shoot fine after. I dont know if what Im doing is the right way to go about it but it sure seems to help. Clean it up if you havent and let us know how it shoots then...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could make this your right. What would you be willing to pay. Because I dont have the "blueprints" per say, I cant just make it real quick. It will take some real custom work to do this. Once I have one the other will go smooth.

Let me know.

Heres the problem. I dont know how many people would be up for this TYPE of holster. Like I said, I would be willing to do it for you and if it goes well, maybe ill go into a small production on this holster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts